Somalilandsun: On the 30th July the Council of Ministers of the Federal Government of Somalia held its first weekly meeting since the removal of Prime Minister Hassan Ali Kheyre.
Chaired by Acting Prime Minister Mahdi Mohamed Guled, the council decisions were revealed in a post meeting presser in Mogadishu by the Minister of Information, Mohamed Abdi Hayir Maareye, reports the BBC Somali service
According to the minister who also doubles as government spokesperson the outcome of the conference included:
- A nears total lifting of Covid-19 restriction measures namely
- Resumption of international flights to Somalia from 3rd August 2020 and
- Reopening of schools and universities from 15th August 2020
- Nomination of the Judicial Commission
- Petroleum Authority
- Approval of Elections preparatory technical committee Established at the Dhuusamareeb Conference.
The Judicial Service Commission shall be composed of nine members four of which will come in the form of a secretariat, includes the chairman of the Supreme Court, the chairman of the yet-to-be-established Constitutional Court and the chairman of the human rights body. .
On the elections preparatory committee the information Minister stated that membership is composed of regional state’s nominees and apart from those from Galmudug, those from the other five regions are already onboard
It is the first cabinet meeting since the ouster of Prime Minister Hassan Ali Kheyre through a controversial vote of no confidence passed by the Mogadishu based parliament last Saturday