By: Latifa Yusuf Masai
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – The ministry of information and culture has absorbed former BBC correspondent for the eastern regions of somaliland Hussein Aw Jama Jibril Hagar.
The long term journalists with international experience was appointed the new head of the Somaliland National TV Editorial Desk as informed in a press statement released by the Somaliland ministry of Information Abdilahi Dahir Ukuse.
The Statement read in part
The Ministry of information, Culture and national guidance of the republic of Somaliland following a reshuffle that ensued with appoints, retentions, replacements and addition of offices which has been occasioned by the need to provide up to date service to the public hereby announces names of senior ministerial officers namely:
1. Mohamed Sheikh Omar –Director of administration
2. Eng. Ahmed Suleiman Wayne – Director of Technical Services.
4. Ahmed Ismail Hussein ‘Irro’ –Director of Planning3. Saeed Aden Egge- Director of Radio Hargeisa
5. Abdi Mohamed Jama –Director of Culture
6. Mohamed Osman Mire ‘Sayid’ Managing Editor of Dawan Media Group
7. Hussein Aden Yusuf – Director of Somaliland news agency-SOLNA
In his statement the information minister asked the 49 officers with senior positions mentioned to endeavor towards fulfilling their mandated duties thence proper service profusion by the diverse state Medias lie TV, Radio and newspapers.
This reshuffle comes amid recent discordant by some employees mostly from Radio Hargeisa who were aghast at the purported failure to pay them allowances resulting in Minister Ukuse holding a meeting in which the complaining staffers were ameliorated