By: Yusuf M Hasan
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – Three new assistant operation officers have been assigned to the security forces national commands.
The president of Somaliland H.E Ahmed Mahmud Silanyo has strengthened the operational capabilities of the Prisons Service, Military and Police forces after he appointed an assistant operation commander to each of the services.
Two presidential decrees released by Ahmed Suleiman Duhul, presidential spokesperson, informed that the head of state has created the posts of assistant operation commanders in order to beef up operational capacities of the country’s armed and security forces.
The Decrees read;
Quote – The president of Somaliland H.E Ahmed Mohamed Mahmud Silanyo through decree #’s JSL/M/XERM/249-1553/022013 and JSL/M/XERM/249-1554/022013 create new posts of assistant operations commanders for the military, police and Custodial Services respectively.
• In conformity with Article 90, section 3 of the Somaliland constitution
• In pursuit Of beefing up operational capacity of the armed forces and security services
• After Consultation with relevant authorities and
• Having been certified of their ability to hold and perform relevant duties
1. Ahmed Awale Yusuf ‘Libah‘, to the post of Armed forces assistant operations commander.
2. Dahir Ali Weis, to the post of Police force assistant operations commander.
3. Ali Omar Ahmed, to the post of Custodial corps assistant operations commander and advisor to the minister of justice
These appointments take effect immediately- Unquote
With the creation and appointment of office bearers the newly appointed assistant operational commanders will fall under deputy operation commanders