Somalilandsun: The tally of confirmed Covid-19 positive cases now stands at five.
This follows revelation by the Somaliland National Coronavirus Propalyctic Committee that two people have been confirmed positive in Hargeisa and another in Borame Town the regional capital of Awdal region.
Accordingly the Committee has also issued new Preventive guidelines effective from 15th April 2020 among them
1. All mosques to stop public prayers and for the faithful to conduct prayers at home.
2. Schools closure extended for another month
3. Border closure with Ethiopia, Djibouti and Somalia extended for another month
4. All public transport vehicles to reduce passengers by half
5. All PSV workers and passengers to wear face masks
6. All air and sea entry points except port of Berbera closed for one month
In a new one all illegal Migrants have 20th April as deadline to exit the country voluntarily
Finally the national Covid-19 task force warned citizens against Contravening the guidelines in lieu of heavy fines, custodial sentences or both