Somalilandsun: The Republic of Somaliland has received 370 full university study scholarships from the federal government of Ethiopia.
This was disclosed by the ministry of education and sciences through a statement of the 17th April 2021 signed by the ministry’s director general Ahmed Abokor Mohamed in Hargeisa in which a call for applications was made including candidate requirement
“The scholarships are legible to Somaliland students seeking bachelor degrees at an Ethiopian university” said the DG adding that applications shall be accepted in all districts, regional and national ministry of education offices between 17th -27th April 2021 and without extension the DG gave the following as candidate’s requirements
- Must be a citizen of Somaliland and ID Card holder
- Sat the form four secondary schools examination in either the school year calendars 2018/2019 and 2019/2020
- Submit an application letter
- Provide a certificate of good conduct t
- Certificate of health
- A letter of recommendation from the head teacher of the applicant’s Secondary School
- Two passport size photos
- Name preferred faculty and university and
- Declare acceptance to examination by the ministry of education
Ethiopia has been a regular destination of higher studies pursuit by Somaliland students through annual full scholarships provided by the federal government as well as self-sponsored
In the 2018 allocation 306 students from Somaliland received scholarships pertaining to pursuit of tertiary.
Of them 200, pursued their first degree (Bachelor) at various Universities in Ethiopia while 100 enrolled for Master’s degrees while 6 undertook Doctor of Philosophy degrees-PHD studies .
Ministry of Education and Sciences Statement Below