- Somaliland: Civil War Impacted Negatively on Environment- Candlelight case study
- Somaliland: UK Judges Grant Secret Court Hearings
- Somaliland: Enjoy 50% off Money Transfer Fees to Kenya
- Somaliland: Earn Photography Skills at the Hargeisa Book Fair 2014
- Somaliland: How will you Remember Nelson Mandela?
- Somaliland: International Arrest Warrant Issued for SFG Police Chief Wanted in Canada for Crimes against Humanity
- “Tectonic Shifts Technologically” Bring Mixed Results for Freedom of expression and Media Development- UNESCO
- Survey Warns of Serious Consequences 0f Ignoring Hate Crime towards Minorities and Indigenous Peoples in Africa
- Somalia: Four Killed as Al-Shabaab Claims Responsibility for Targeting MP’s In Mogadishu, And Warns of More Violence
- BBC Somali Service's Careless Writing and Lack of Word Choice Create Confusion and Irritating
- Somaliland: International Arrest Warrant Issued for SFG Police Chief Wanted in Canada for Crimes against Humanity (59)
- Survey Warns of Serious Consequences 0f Ignoring Hate Crime towards Minorities and Indigenous Peoples in Africa (11)
- “Tectonic Shifts Technologically” Bring Mixed Results for Freedom of expression and Media Development- UNESCO (48)
- Palestinian Aggression Exposed! (7)
- Somaliland: A man Accused of Human Rights Abuses Appointed Mogadishu Police Force Commissioner (14)
|Somaliland: Hargeisa Mayor Passes Away in the UAE|
|Sunday, 07 April 2013 19:38|
President Silanyo sets up 15 member state burial committee for the late mayor
By: Yusuf M Hasan
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – The mayor of Hargeisa Eng. Yusuf Warsame Saeed has passed away following months of hospitalization.
IN-NAA LILLAAHI WA IN-NAA ILAYHI RAAJICUUN
The president H.E Ahmed Mahmud Silanyo has extended condolences to the Hargeisa municipal council, family, relatives and friends of the late mayor Eng. Yusuf Warsame Saeed
The late Saeed died in the early hours of Sunday morning at a hospital in the UAE city of Dubai where he has been receiving medical attention for a couple of months.
In his message of condolences president Silanyo the deceased shall be remembered as a nationalist who dedicated his life to the promotion of livelihoods and the development of the country.
The head of state who prayed to Allah for succour to the soul of the departed leader the head of state also set up a 15 memebers committee to prepare a state burial for the late Mayor of Hargeisa.
Eng. Yusuf Warsame Saeed whose body shall be transported back to the country for burial was elected mayor of the city municipality late last year following his successes on a Kulmiye ticket during the 28th November 2012 local council elections.
Memebers of the late mayor's state burial committee named by president Silanyo and chaired by the Interior Minister are
Minister of Education
Minister of Youth, Sports and tourism
Minister of fisheries and marine resources
Deputy Minister of information
Deputy Mayor of Hargeisa
Clerk to the council-Hargeisa
Parliamentary coordinator at the presidency
MP Ahmed Abdi Kijande
MP Mahmud Ahmed Obsiye
Mr Mohamed Barjeeh
Mr Ali Omar Hasan Guleid
Ms Amina Yusuf Ar
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 227 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial