By: Yusuf M Hasan
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – Recent president Silanyo appointments have received approval from the legislature.
In a special session of the parliament’s House of Representatives with a quorum of 47 of the 82 members of the lower house of parliament six ministerial appointments by the president H.E Ahmed Mahmoud Silanyo were approved.
Individual votes garnered by the appointees at the special session were:
1. Hon Abib Diriye Nuur ‘Tima’ade the minister of information and national guidance received 45 yes votes
2. Hon Ali Saeed Raygal the minister of Youth, Sports and Culture garnered 45 votes
3. Hon Keyse Abdi Yusuf, State minister of for Eastern Regions reconciliation received the approval of 42 members.
4. Hon Osman Abdilahi Sahardid, state minister of Finance garnered the approval of 45 members.
5. 45 members approved Hon Mahmoud Ahmed Barre ‘Garaad’, Minister of Family and social affairs. While
6. Hon Abdilahi Mohamed Dahir ‘Ukuse’ the Deputy Information minister garnered 43 votes.
The information minister and his deputy are the most recent appointments by the president while the other ones were appointment a while ago but never passed the legislatures muster.