Somalilandsun- The EU is procuring a new programme – i.e. the Territorial Integration Planning Facility – for implementation in Somalia. WYG is seeking a candidate to be included in the technical bid for the EU-funded Territorial Integration Planning Facility programme (TIPF) as a Regional Liaison Officer for Somaliland Corridor. The overall objective of the TIPF is to ensure that the Inclusive Local Economic Development (ILED) programme activities are coordinated and tailored to specific priorities, needs and opportunities within each area and to facilitate consistency and synergies across three interlinked results, and across geographical areas. A key result of the TIPF will also be the formulation of Territorial Plans for the 4 territorial corridors that are integrated into programme/projects formulation and implementation under the ILED programme. Overall, the TIPF will provide technical advice and operational support to the implementation of the ILED programme. The facility will complement and support current national and regional development planning bodies at federal and regional level as well as the EUDEL team in the overall coordination of the ILED programme.
The Regional Liaison Officer for Somaliland Corridor will support the Territorial Planning/Development expert to coordinate and provide advice to the multi-stakeholder planning processes both at the territorial and sectoral level. The Regional Liaison Officer will support implementing partners in project design and implementation aligned with the territorial plan and sector strategies for the corridor. The coordinator will serve as a focal point and liaison with regional and local governments and stakeholders and regional coordination bodies.
Prospective candidates should have the following skills and qualifications:
- University degree in social and political science, economics, planning;
- Excellent communication skills, both in written and spoken English and Somali language
- At least 5 years confirmed experience in development projects.
- At least one demonstrated (referenced) experience in facilitation of multi-stakeholder workshops/consultations.
- Fluency in Somali and extensive knowledge of the local context will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in ILED Programme’s sectors of engagement: Economic Development, Local Governance, Stabilization and Resilience/Environment. The 4 experts should jointly (not individually) technically cover all these areas of expertise.