- Somaliland: UK Diplomats and Guurti Elders Brainstorm Postponed Elections
- Somaliland: Yemeni Refugees Pose a Threat to Somalia
- Somaliland: State Raises Public Awareness on SDF and SSA Funds
- Somaliland: Education Minister Calls Apt Standards
- Somaliland: “We have Services of Skilled Professionals for Programmes Development” says U’kuse
- Somaliland: “State to Uplift Health and Educational Standards in Sool Region” Dr Haglatosie
- Somaliland: “Citizens Already Benefiting from a Chunk of the $62m SDF Kitty “ says Planning Minister
- Somaliland: EU Heads of Mission and Member States Condemn the Execution of Six Prisoners Nairobi, 15/04/2015
- Somaliland: Governor Ramah of Awdal Castigates Borame Councillors for Lackluster Performance
- Somaliland: Legislators and Government Officials in Ethiopia for Leadership Training cum AU Talks
- Somaliland: Is a Turkey, Wadani and Villa SomaliaTripartite Alliance Real and Brewing Mischief? (30)
- Somaliland: UK Diplomats and Guurti Elders Brainstorm Postponed Elections (4)
- Somaliland: “We have Services of Skilled Professionals for Programmes Development” says U’kuse (7)
- Somaliland: Legislators and Government Officials in Ethiopia for Leadership Training cum AU Talks (8)
- Somaliland: EU Heads of Mission and Member States Condemn the Execution of Six Prisoners Nairobi, 15/04/2015 (48)
|Somaliland: Egypt to establish cultural centre|
|Tuesday, 14 February 2012 22:14|
By: Yusuf M Hasan
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) - The government of Egypt is to construct and equip a large cultural centre in Hargeisa. This was revealed by Mohamed bin Marwan, the special advisor to Egyptian ambassador in Djibouti during a meeting with the Somaliland foreign minister in Hargeisa.
Dr. Abdilahi Mohamed Omar, the Somaliland foreign Minister thanked the Egyptians for the cordial relations that are currently prevalent between the two countries.
The minister stressed on the impetus in Egyptian engagement initiated by Mohamed bin Marwan which have seen the Pharaoh government engaged the Somaliland government in bilateral talks through a meeting in Cairo.
According to an official statement from the SL government The recent Cairo meeting which saw the foreign minister and Hirsi Ali from the presidency conduct the first direct talks with the pharaohs since Somaliland reclaimed its sovereignty over twenty years ago were historic.
The foreign minister on welcoming the Egyptian delegation which will hold talks with various branches of the country's leadership said that Somalilanders appreciate the renewed relationship with the pharaohs and hoped that the construction of the cultural centre will be the first of many developmental support initiatives from Egypt.
Envoy Bin Marwan told reporters that the Egyptian government is determined to strengthen bilateral relations between the two countries and that the pharaohs will assist in developing diverse sectors with a special emphasis in Education and Health.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 1089 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial