- Somaliland: State to Establish a Trade and Investment Advisory and Promotion Office in the UAE
- Somaliland: Gabile Local Council Perfects the Art of Disposing Mayors
- Somaliland: Criminalization will not Stop FGM in East Africa
- Somaliland: Hargeisa Electricity Agency Resumes Operations
- Somaliland: As it injects €95m into the Country UK Partially Lifts Travel Ban Advisory
- Somalia: Eyewitness Reveals how the Systematic Murder of UN Staffers was Perpetrated at Galkayo Airport
- Somaliland: Solja Holds Seminar for Strengthening Collaboration of Journalists and the Legislatives;
- Somaliland: Joint Measures aimed at Protecting & Preserving Natural Resources Formulated by Water & Environment Ministries.
- Somaliland: Soldiers Deployed at Badan Border Town in Eagerness to Combat Eternal Aggression Precipitated by Somalia’s Semi-autonomous region of Puntland
- Somaliland: A Proven Bottom-Up Approach for Somalia
- Somaliland: As it injects €95m into the Country UK Partially Lifts Travel Ban Advisory (40)
- Somaliland: State to Establish a Trade and Investment Advisory and Promotion Office in the UAE (6)
- Somalia: Eyewitness Reveals how the Systematic Murder of UN Staffers was Perpetrated at Galkayo Airport (125)
- Somaliland: Puntland Sheds Crocodile Tears over Taleeh (63)
- Somaliland: National Army Evicts Khatumoists from Taleeh (20)
|Somaliland: Egypt to establish cultural centre|
|Tuesday, 14 February 2012 22:14|
By: Yusuf M Hasan
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) - The government of Egypt is to construct and equip a large cultural centre in Hargeisa. This was revealed by Mohamed bin Marwan, the special advisor to Egyptian ambassador in Djibouti during a meeting with the Somaliland foreign minister in Hargeisa.
Dr. Abdilahi Mohamed Omar, the Somaliland foreign Minister thanked the Egyptians for the cordial relations that are currently prevalent between the two countries.
The minister stressed on the impetus in Egyptian engagement initiated by Mohamed bin Marwan which have seen the Pharaoh government engaged the Somaliland government in bilateral talks through a meeting in Cairo.
According to an official statement from the SL government The recent Cairo meeting which saw the foreign minister and Hirsi Ali from the presidency conduct the first direct talks with the pharaohs since Somaliland reclaimed its sovereignty over twenty years ago were historic.
The foreign minister on welcoming the Egyptian delegation which will hold talks with various branches of the country's leadership said that Somalilanders appreciate the renewed relationship with the pharaohs and hoped that the construction of the cultural centre will be the first of many developmental support initiatives from Egypt.
Envoy Bin Marwan told reporters that the Egyptian government is determined to strengthen bilateral relations between the two countries and that the pharaohs will assist in developing diverse sectors with a special emphasis in Education and Health.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 177 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial