- Somaliland: Clerk to the House of Representatives Released
- Amisom’s Success Shows Africa’s Solution is Working
- Somaliland: Guurti Lives Upto Its Expected Traditions- Editorial
- Somaliland: Why the Country Craves Recognition as an Independent Sovereign State
- Somaliland: Guurti does it again as it Reconciles Wrangling Legislators
- Somaliland: Danish Born Somalis Growing Up as Children of “Unwanted Immigrants” in Copenhagen
- Somaliland: In Failed Appeal UK Court Orders the Union of the Comoros to Pay £110,000 to UAE based Union Marine
- Somaliland: “Port and Fuel Depot Facilities plus Logistics Satisfactory for Trade” Ethiopian Government Delegation
- Somaliland: Reconstruction and Development Sabotage in Sool region of Somaliland by Dr Ali Issa
- Somaliland: Commemorating Liberation of Mankind, Peace and Human Dignity Day in Memory of Hero Majura
- Somaliland: Guurti does it again as it Reconciles Wrangling Legislators (11)
- Somaliland: Forum of Opposition Politicians Goes Digital (2)
- Somaliland: Danish Born Somalis Growing Up as Children of “Unwanted Immigrants” in Copenhagen (83)
- Somaliland: Dr Omar to Serve EU/AU as Peace Diplomat for Africa (6)
- Somaliland: Clerk to the House of Representatives Released (1)
|Somaliland: “We only Discussed Reunification in Istanbul” – SFG|
|Tuesday, 21 January 2014 23:44|
By: Yusuf M Hasan
Somalilandsun – As part of the Somali Federal Government's-SFG mandate of reuniting the country talks in Istanbul discussed just that,REUNION cum MIDNIMO
This is as informed RBC radio by the chief Somalia negotiator with Somaliland SFG Security Minister Abdikarim Hussein Guleid who stressed that the aim objective of the talks between the Federal Government of Somalia and the "BREAKAWAY ADMINISTRATION OF SOMALILAND" is to keep the Somali Republic united.
"Our main aim to carry out these talks with our brothers in the north is to keep the nation united as it is the main responsibility of the Federal Government." Minister Guleid said after signing three pages agreement with Somaliland administration in Istanbul on Monday.
According to the RBC report Minister Abdikarim who has spearheaded the Federal Government's delegation to Istanbul reiterated that the Mogadishu based government has its constitutional tasks to bring all Somali administrations onboard into the country's federal system and convince any concerned group including Somaliland.
"The Federal Constitution clear states the issue of keeping our country united and safe while the six pillars policy of the current government of Somalia also tells that." he added.
While the SFG remains adamant on its quest to have Somaliland back on board their tattered nation the ISTANBUL COMMUNIQUE II tells otherwise.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 293 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial