- Somaliland: International Arrest Warrant Issued for SFG Police Chief Wanted in Canada for Crimes against Humanity
- “Tectonic Shifts Technologically” Bring Mixed Results for Freedom of expression and Media Development- UNESCO
- Survey Warns of Serious Consequences 0f Ignoring Hate Crime towards Minorities and Indigenous Peoples in Africa
- Somalia: Four Killed as Al-Shabaab Claims Responsibility for Targeting MP’s In Mogadishu, And Warns of More Violence
- BBC Somali Service's Careless Writing and Lack of Word Choice Create Confusion and Irritating
|Somaliland: “We only Discussed Reunification in Istanbul” – SFG|
|Tuesday, 21 January 2014 23:44|
By: Yusuf M Hasan
Somalilandsun – As part of the Somali Federal Government's-SFG mandate of reuniting the country talks in Istanbul discussed just that,REUNION cum MIDNIMO
This is as informed RBC radio by the chief Somalia negotiator with Somaliland SFG Security Minister Abdikarim Hussein Guleid who stressed that the aim objective of the talks between the Federal Government of Somalia and the "BREAKAWAY ADMINISTRATION OF SOMALILAND" is to keep the Somali Republic united.
"Our main aim to carry out these talks with our brothers in the north is to keep the nation united as it is the main responsibility of the Federal Government." Minister Guleid said after signing three pages agreement with Somaliland administration in Istanbul on Monday.
According to the RBC report Minister Abdikarim who has spearheaded the Federal Government's delegation to Istanbul reiterated that the Mogadishu based government has its constitutional tasks to bring all Somali administrations onboard into the country's federal system and convince any concerned group including Somaliland.
"The Federal Constitution clear states the issue of keeping our country united and safe while the six pillars policy of the current government of Somalia also tells that." he added.
While the SFG remains adamant on its quest to have Somaliland back on board their tattered nation the ISTANBUL COMMUNIQUE II tells otherwise.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 179 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial