- Somaliland: Adde Breaks 23 years of Allegiance as he Purportedly Joins Habsade in Garowe
- Somaliland: Irro and President Geele of Djibouti Discuss Bi-lateral Relations
- Air Arabia’s Group Chief Executive wins Airline Business Award
- Somaliland: Elite OPU to Secure Oil Exploration and Drilling Activities
- Somaliland: “Yes, My Son Has Joined ISIS”-Eng. Warabe
- Somaliland: UNSOM and Government in New Rapport (5)
- Somaliland: Increased Airport Tariff Turns Acrimonious (3)
- Somaliland: Amb Kay in UNSOM and Hargeisa Administration Fence Mending Visit (47)
- Somaliland: Architects in SL-Turkey Business Enhancement Partnership (1)
- Somaliland: Political Parties Ascertain Readiness of NEC to Hold 2015 Slated Elections (5)
|Somaliland: “We only Discussed Reunification in Istanbul” – SFG|
|Tuesday, 21 January 2014 23:44|
By: Yusuf M Hasan
Somalilandsun – As part of the Somali Federal Government's-SFG mandate of reuniting the country talks in Istanbul discussed just that,REUNION cum MIDNIMO
This is as informed RBC radio by the chief Somalia negotiator with Somaliland SFG Security Minister Abdikarim Hussein Guleid who stressed that the aim objective of the talks between the Federal Government of Somalia and the "BREAKAWAY ADMINISTRATION OF SOMALILAND" is to keep the Somali Republic united.
"Our main aim to carry out these talks with our brothers in the north is to keep the nation united as it is the main responsibility of the Federal Government." Minister Guleid said after signing three pages agreement with Somaliland administration in Istanbul on Monday.
According to the RBC report Minister Abdikarim who has spearheaded the Federal Government's delegation to Istanbul reiterated that the Mogadishu based government has its constitutional tasks to bring all Somali administrations onboard into the country's federal system and convince any concerned group including Somaliland.
"The Federal Constitution clear states the issue of keeping our country united and safe while the six pillars policy of the current government of Somalia also tells that." he added.
While the SFG remains adamant on its quest to have Somaliland back on board their tattered nation the ISTANBUL COMMUNIQUE II tells otherwise.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 235 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial