We are currently in the process of testing several options for commenting. Right now the option for commenting through Facebook accounts is active. Soon we will decide which system we will use. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please feel free to leave your comments through the Facebook option.
If you have any suggestion or ideas, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Somaliland Sun Editorial Team, May 20, 2013
- Diplomatic Fallout: The Next Phase of U.N. Engagement in Somalia
- Somaliland: “We need to be Prepared to Thwart new Threats from Somalia” Medeshi
- The World’s Most Dangerous Waters
- Somaliland: Hargeisa livestock Market after Rehabilitation (Video)
- Somaliland: Rowdy Unionist Fail to Disrupt 18th May Celebrations in Holland
- Kenya: Uhuru Kenyatta appoints Female Somalilander as Secretary of Foreign Affairs
- Somaliland: Norwegian Oil and Gas Company Signs Production Sharing Contract
- Somaliland: “Ethiopia Shall Defend Somaliland to the Hilt” PM Desalegn
- Somaliland: Government takes Control of Airspace as it Bans UN Flights
- Somaliland: Military Displays Human and Equipment Might
|Somaliland: Swedish-Somalilanders to Host VP|
|Tuesday, 05 June 2012 23:09|
By: Yusuf M Hasan
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – The Vice president is to meet with Swedish Somalilanders in Stockholm and other Swedish cities.
The Vice President Hon Abdirahman Abdilahi Ismail Sayli who left the country Tuesday afternoon is on his way to Sweden via Addis Abba, Ethiopia where he will stay for four days before departure to Stockholm.
During his four days stay in Addis Abba, VP Sayli who received a red carpet welcome from Somaliland diplomatic staff and Ethiopian officials at Bole international airport will hold various discussions pertinent to bi-lateral relations between the two neighbouring and brotherly countries.
After his Ethiopia sojourn VP Sayli will fly directly to Stockholm, Sweden for various meetings with Swedish-Somalilanders who extended an invitation to the Somaliland deputy head of state.
"Although my visit to Ethiopia is personal, I will hold bilateral discussions with a number of officials" Said the VP on arrival at Bole airport
On the agenda of his visit to Sweden, the VP said that while he will brief Somalilanders in the Diaspora on prevalent situation in the country in relation to security, democratization, economy, diplomacy etc., he will also lend an ear to his hosts as per their wishes on national development
The VP, who flew to Addis Ababa from a triumphant diplomatic mission in Djibouti where he led a high powered delegation, revealed that President Omar Gelle's recognition of Somaliland's passport is official and interested citizens can now start taking advantage of the new travel arrangements.
Said he "I will also pursue the possibility of similar travel arrangements with officials of all the countries I visit"
The VP who is accompanied by the deputy minister of public works and housing Ali Abdi Saaiq as well as president Silanyo's political advisor and Deputy Gabile mayor Ms. Kadra Haji Gaydh, had achieved various diplomatic coups while in Djibouti i.e.
• President Omar Gelle's commitment to solicit foreign investors for Somaliland.
• Acceptance of Somaliland passport
• Funding for Seyla port face-lifting which will be undertaken by an Algerian firm that is currently constructing a fishing port in Djibouti
• Exchange of Consular offices etc.
It is anticipated the VP who seems to have been delegated with increased foreign relations activities will achieve more of the same during this and other forthcoming trips abroad.
Ms Kadra Gaydh who is in the VP's entourage is the first woman to hold a mayor ship in the country. She was the mayor of Gabile for almost two before she relinquished the position she took over from former mayor who left office after he was implicated in misappropriation of council property.
During her two years reign at the Gabile mayor's parlor Kadra Gaydh is credited with various achievements especially the elimination of corruption and garbage in the town, many citizens were disappointed when 11 councilors campaigned to have her replaced.
You are not aloneWe have 114 guests and 2 members online
- Ngonyo wa Mwavuo