- Somaliland: Ban Ki-moon Appoints New Envoy to Somalia
- Somaliland: Technology Entrepreneurs Begin Careers through MUHANDIS Challenge
- Abraaj Group Exits Ownership of Saham Finances
- Somaliland: UCID Implodes, V/P Candidate Quits, Presidential Ticket for Sale
- White Men, Not Muslims, Are the Real Terrorists-US Senator
- Somaliland: Mass Resignations Rock Administration.
- Somaliland: Soldier Succumbs to Mine
- Somaliland: Kulmiye Party Applauds Report by Presidential Verification Committee
- Somaliland: President Silanyo Reveals Publicly, Commitment to a One Term Tenure
- Somaliland: What to Expect in a President Muse Behi Administration
|Somaliland: Police Cordon-off Media House|
|Saturday, 14 December 2013 23:24|
By: G.A Maher
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) - A contingent of police officers from the dreaded anti-terrorism unit RRU raided the premises of Hubaal Media Network at Goljanno area of Hargeisa city.
The eye witnesses are reported to have said that the police in a convoy of four vehicles closed off the road leading to the media house and arrested a couple of staff who were present at the time.
The chairman and the editor are still at large and police have started a man-hunt. Police commissioner Brigadier General Abdillahi Fadal Iman has accused the newspaper for writing articles that are dangerous to the internal security of the state. Mr. Abdillahi said that the media house had published false information concerning the police. He went on to say that they had written that the commissioner and his deputy do not see eye to eye and were wrangling between themselves.
This is the second time the newspaper has been shut down this year.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 488 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial