- Somaliland: Adde Breaks 23 years of Allegiance as he Purportedly Joins Habsade in Garowe
- Somaliland: Irro and President Geele of Djibouti Discuss Bi-lateral Relations
- Somaliland: Hargeisa Book Fair Facilitates Somali Language Creative Writing Training Opportunity
- Air Arabia’s Group Chief Executive wins Airline Business Award
- Somaliland: “Yes, My Son Has Joined ISIS”-Eng. Warabe
- Somaliland: Biometrics Expertise to Help Ensure Honest Elections in 2015 (11)
- Somaliland: Hargeisa Book Fair Facilitates Somali Language Creative Writing Training Opportunity (19)
- Somaliland: The Eye Opener: Hope in the land of Somalis (6)
- Somaliland: Exposing the President to Public Ridicule (32)
- Somaliland: Volcano in Ethiopia Turns Bright Blue (2)
|Somaliland: Police Cordon-off Media House|
|Saturday, 14 December 2013 23:24|
By: G.A Maher
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) - A contingent of police officers from the dreaded anti-terrorism unit RRU raided the premises of Hubaal Media Network at Goljanno area of Hargeisa city.
The eye witnesses are reported to have said that the police in a convoy of four vehicles closed off the road leading to the media house and arrested a couple of staff who were present at the time.
The chairman and the editor are still at large and police have started a man-hunt. Police commissioner Brigadier General Abdillahi Fadal Iman has accused the newspaper for writing articles that are dangerous to the internal security of the state. Mr. Abdillahi said that the media house had published false information concerning the police. He went on to say that they had written that the commissioner and his deputy do not see eye to eye and were wrangling between themselves.
This is the second time the newspaper has been shut down this year.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 191 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial