- Somaliland: Somaliland’s Elections 4 Months Left, No Preparation So Far And The Blame Game Initiated
- Somalia: Obama Nominates First U.S. Ambassador to Somalia Since 1991
- Somaliland:Mo Farah Breaks Two-Mile World Record at Birmingham Indoor Grand Prix
- Somalia: Mogadishu hotel suicide bombers were Dutch
- Somaliland: Ruling party’s Position on forthcoming elections
- Somaliland: Dozens of youngsters under detention as part of police operation to fight hooliganism
- Somaliland: It is perfect Times to Tell the Truth
- Somaliland:Turkey's Slumping Popularity in Somaliland
- Somaliland: Sudan claimed seized weapons and Somaliland releases them
- Somaliland: ARE OIL AND GAS BLOCS IN SOMALILAND VIABLE?
- Somaliland: Somaliland’s Elections 4 Months Left, No Preparation So Far And The Blame Game Initiated (1)
- Somalia: Mogadishu hotel suicide bombers were Dutch (41)
- Somaliland: Ruling party’s Position on forthcoming elections (5)
- Somaliland: Dozens of youngsters under detention as part of police operation to fight hooliganism (26)
- Somaliland: “Somaliland/Somalia Dialogue must be withheld” - WADANI Chairman (4)
|Somaliland: Police Cordon-off Media House|
|Saturday, 14 December 2013 23:24|
By: G.A Maher
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) - A contingent of police officers from the dreaded anti-terrorism unit RRU raided the premises of Hubaal Media Network at Goljanno area of Hargeisa city.
The eye witnesses are reported to have said that the police in a convoy of four vehicles closed off the road leading to the media house and arrested a couple of staff who were present at the time.
The chairman and the editor are still at large and police have started a man-hunt. Police commissioner Brigadier General Abdillahi Fadal Iman has accused the newspaper for writing articles that are dangerous to the internal security of the state. Mr. Abdillahi said that the media house had published false information concerning the police. He went on to say that they had written that the commissioner and his deputy do not see eye to eye and were wrangling between themselves.
This is the second time the newspaper has been shut down this year.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 317 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial