- Somaliland: The Next and Biggest East Africa's Commercial Hub
- Somaliland: Burao Journalist Arrested
- Somaliland: Beder Power Company Farms Wind Based Electricity in Sheikh Town
- Somaliland: The US, UN and EU Representatives for Somalia Should Keep-off Issues Somaliland
- Somaliland: Cutting Through the Sinews Of War in Somalia
- Somaliland: Adde Breaks 23 years of Allegiance as he Purportedly Joins Habsade in Garowe
- Somaliland: iROKOtv.com Announces New International Content Package for Internet TV Service in Africa
- Somaliland: Busiest Weekend for Italian Navy and Deadliest for Illegal’s Crossing the Mediterranean
- Somaliland: “Yes, My Son Has Joined ISIS”-Eng. Warabe
- Somaliland: Air Arabia launches flights to Chittagong, Bangladesh from Ras Al Khaimah
- Somaliland: The US, UN and EU Representatives for Somalia Should Keep-off Issues Somaliland (5)
- Somaliland: The Next and Biggest East Africa's Commercial Hub (7)
- Somaliland: Busiest Weekend for Italian Navy and Deadliest for Illegal’s Crossing the Mediterranean (76)
- Somaliland: “OPU has Nothing to do with Regional Destabilization”-Waran’ade (25)
- Somaliland: Dahabshil the Company that Gives Most Back to the Community (6)
|Somaliland: Police Cordon-off Media House|
|Saturday, 14 December 2013 23:24|
By: G.A Maher
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) - A contingent of police officers from the dreaded anti-terrorism unit RRU raided the premises of Hubaal Media Network at Goljanno area of Hargeisa city.
The eye witnesses are reported to have said that the police in a convoy of four vehicles closed off the road leading to the media house and arrested a couple of staff who were present at the time.
The chairman and the editor are still at large and police have started a man-hunt. Police commissioner Brigadier General Abdillahi Fadal Iman has accused the newspaper for writing articles that are dangerous to the internal security of the state. Mr. Abdillahi said that the media house had published false information concerning the police. He went on to say that they had written that the commissioner and his deputy do not see eye to eye and were wrangling between themselves.
This is the second time the newspaper has been shut down this year.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 254 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial