- Somaliland: Living at the 'Mercy of the Rain'
- Somaliland: The story of 16-year-old Safia herding goats in Puntland kidnapped and raped
- Somaliland: Teenage university student gang raped Somalia:
- Somaliland: CSO’s Submit Universal Periodic Review Report to UN Body
- Somaliland: Somalia MP Arrested in Borame
- Somaliland: SFG to Manage ADB Funded “Building Resilience to Water Stress” Project in Hargeisa
- Somaliland: Aurora Wind Power Starts Commercial Operation of the West Coast 1 Wind Farm in Cape Town
- Somaliland: Suleiman Gaal is still Admant on his Illegal Decision but the Law will Prevail
- Somaliland: Livestock Trade Accounts for 40% of GDP, Earns country 80% Forex-ILRI Study
- Somaliland: “Your Country is Independent of SFG”, Jubaland President tells Somalilanders
|Somaliland: Police Cordon-off Media House|
|Saturday, 14 December 2013 23:24|
By: G.A Maher
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) - A contingent of police officers from the dreaded anti-terrorism unit RRU raided the premises of Hubaal Media Network at Goljanno area of Hargeisa city.
The eye witnesses are reported to have said that the police in a convoy of four vehicles closed off the road leading to the media house and arrested a couple of staff who were present at the time.
The chairman and the editor are still at large and police have started a man-hunt. Police commissioner Brigadier General Abdillahi Fadal Iman has accused the newspaper for writing articles that are dangerous to the internal security of the state. Mr. Abdillahi said that the media house had published false information concerning the police. He went on to say that they had written that the commissioner and his deputy do not see eye to eye and were wrangling between themselves.
This is the second time the newspaper has been shut down this year.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 223 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial