- Somaliland: The Opposition Leaders Of WADANI Rejects To Participate In Parliament Proceedings Till Ciiro Arrives Back
- Somaliland: Kulmiye Chairman Welcomes Agreement reached by Djibouti’s Government and Opposition Parties
- Somaliland: UK Labour Party to Push Somaliland Recognition if it Comes to Power in 2015 Elections
- Somaliland: Somalia and Somaliland - Improving Ministerial Effectiveness
- Somaliland: President Silanyo visits National Forces at the Frontline
- Somaliland: UK Labour Party to Push Somaliland Recognition if it Comes to Power in 2015 Elections (37)
- Somaliland: ARE OIL AND GAS BLOCS IN SOMALILAND VIABLE? (12)
- Somaliland: It is perfect Times to Tell the Truth (39)
- Somaliland: Why Somaliland people do not benefit from oil price falls? (5)
- Somaliland: Stockholm to Contribute the Beautification and Planning of Hargeisa Infrastructure System (13)
|Somaliland: Police Cordon-off Media House|
|Saturday, 14 December 2013 23:24|
By: G.A Maher
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) - A contingent of police officers from the dreaded anti-terrorism unit RRU raided the premises of Hubaal Media Network at Goljanno area of Hargeisa city.
The eye witnesses are reported to have said that the police in a convoy of four vehicles closed off the road leading to the media house and arrested a couple of staff who were present at the time.
The chairman and the editor are still at large and police have started a man-hunt. Police commissioner Brigadier General Abdillahi Fadal Iman has accused the newspaper for writing articles that are dangerous to the internal security of the state. Mr. Abdillahi said that the media house had published false information concerning the police. He went on to say that they had written that the commissioner and his deputy do not see eye to eye and were wrangling between themselves.
This is the second time the newspaper has been shut down this year.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 429 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial