- Somaliland: Alnuur Brightens Eid Festivities for Residents of Hargeisa Orphanage
- Somaliland: Irro and President Geele of Djibouti Discuss Bi-lateral Relations
- Somaliland: The Selective Butchering of 48 Landers in Mogadishu 25 years Ago
- Somaliland: State Invites SRSG Kay to an August UNSOM Parley in Hargeisa
- Somaliland: “Stop FGM and Forced Marriage "within this generation"-Cameron
- Somaliland: International Arrest Warrant Issued for SFG Police Chief Wanted in Canada for Crimes against Humanity
- “Tectonic Shifts Technologically” Bring Mixed Results for Freedom of expression and Media Development- UNESCO
- Survey Warns of Serious Consequences 0f Ignoring Hate Crime towards Minorities and Indigenous Peoples in Africa
- Somalia: Four Killed as Al-Shabaab Claims Responsibility for Targeting MP’s In Mogadishu, And Warns of More Violence
- BBC Somali Service's Careless Writing and Lack of Word Choice Create Confusion and Irritating
- Somaliland: The Selective Butchering of 48 Landers in Mogadishu 25 years Ago (4)
- “Tectonic Shifts Technologically” Bring Mixed Results for Freedom of expression and Media Development- UNESCO (51)
- Somaliland: Puntlandsun Welcome and on Alleged Radicals’ Infested Government , IC Please SHUT UP!!!! (40)
- Somaliland: State Invites SRSG Kay to an August UNSOM Parley in Hargeisa (6)
- Somaliland: Irro and President Geele of Djibouti Discuss Bi-lateral Relations (2)
|Somaliland: Police Cordon-off Media House|
|Saturday, 14 December 2013 23:24|
By: G.A Maher
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) - A contingent of police officers from the dreaded anti-terrorism unit RRU raided the premises of Hubaal Media Network at Goljanno area of Hargeisa city.
The eye witnesses are reported to have said that the police in a convoy of four vehicles closed off the road leading to the media house and arrested a couple of staff who were present at the time.
The chairman and the editor are still at large and police have started a man-hunt. Police commissioner Brigadier General Abdillahi Fadal Iman has accused the newspaper for writing articles that are dangerous to the internal security of the state. Mr. Abdillahi said that the media house had published false information concerning the police. He went on to say that they had written that the commissioner and his deputy do not see eye to eye and were wrangling between themselves.
This is the second time the newspaper has been shut down this year.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 251 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial