- Somaliland: Reconstruction and Development Sabotage in Sool region of Somaliland by Dr Ali Issa
- Somaliland: Technical University of Mombasa Scholarships
- Somaliland: Consensus Cultivation and Exploration of an All Encompassing Somali Political Accommodation
- Somaliland: Twice Harder, A Tried Love in The Horn
- Somaliland: EU Provides 26 Scholarships for Refugee Youth in Dadaab
- Somaliland: “We Are in London for Our Country’s Biggest Ever Investment Promotion Campaign” FM Behi Younis
- Somaliland: “OPU Tender Process unto International Standards” says Tender Board
- Somaliland: The Forgotten Enemy- Dammul-Jadiin and Ethiopian NISS Collaboration Scandal Unmasked
- Somaliland: Energy Minister among Oil Council’s Keynote Speakers at the Oil and Gas Executives Awards Summit
- UK- SL Investment Conference Rallies Businesses to Seize Investment Opportunities in Somaliland
- Somaliland: Reconstruction and Development Sabotage in Sool region of Somaliland by Dr Ali Issa (43)
- Somaliland: Paying Tribute to Fallen Soldiers on Remembrance Day (6)
- UK- SL Investment Conference Rallies Businesses to Seize Investment Opportunities in Somaliland (35)
- Somaliland: Twice Harder, A Tried Love in The Horn (3)
- Somaliland: Consensus Cultivation and Exploration of an All Encompassing Somali Political Accommodation (1)
|Somaliland: Police Cordon-off Media House|
|Saturday, 14 December 2013 23:24|
By: G.A Maher
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) - A contingent of police officers from the dreaded anti-terrorism unit RRU raided the premises of Hubaal Media Network at Goljanno area of Hargeisa city.
The eye witnesses are reported to have said that the police in a convoy of four vehicles closed off the road leading to the media house and arrested a couple of staff who were present at the time.
The chairman and the editor are still at large and police have started a man-hunt. Police commissioner Brigadier General Abdillahi Fadal Iman has accused the newspaper for writing articles that are dangerous to the internal security of the state. Mr. Abdillahi said that the media house had published false information concerning the police. He went on to say that they had written that the commissioner and his deputy do not see eye to eye and were wrangling between themselves.
This is the second time the newspaper has been shut down this year.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 306 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial