- Somaliland: IC and Political Leaders Concur on Timely Elections
- Somaliland: UK for Investment in a Country it doesn’t Recognize
- Somaliland: Dr Ali Issa, A Warlord in Goldbricker NGO Fronting Khatumo Secession
- Somaliland: Don’t let Politicians’ Unquenchable Thirsts for Power Wreck our Boat
- Somaliland: President Reiterates need for Achieving National Aspirations
- Somaliland: Borame’s Eelo Shines at the Inaugural Somaliland National Universities’ Fair
- Somaliland: “We Are in London for Our Country’s Biggest Ever Investment Promotion Campaign” FM Behi Younis
- Somaliland: “OPU Tender Process unto International Standards” says Tender Board
- Somaliland: The Forgotten Enemy- Dammul-Jadiin and Ethiopian NISS Collaboration Scandal Unmasked
- Somaliland: Turkey Claims Kudos for Mediating Airspace Controversy with Somalia
- Somaliland: President Reiterates need for Achieving National Aspirations (7)
- Somaliland: Former Security Chief Clobbers Cell Mate Half to Death (4)
- Somaliland: VP Sayli Fronting My Impeachment”-Speaker Irro (4)
- Somaliland: Dr Ali Issa, A Warlord in Goldbricker NGO Fronting Khatumo Secession (4)
- Somaliland: “We are Ebola Prepared” Health Minister (2)
|Somaliland: Police Cordon-off Media House|
|Saturday, 14 December 2013 23:24|
By: G.A Maher
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) - A contingent of police officers from the dreaded anti-terrorism unit RRU raided the premises of Hubaal Media Network at Goljanno area of Hargeisa city.
The eye witnesses are reported to have said that the police in a convoy of four vehicles closed off the road leading to the media house and arrested a couple of staff who were present at the time.
The chairman and the editor are still at large and police have started a man-hunt. Police commissioner Brigadier General Abdillahi Fadal Iman has accused the newspaper for writing articles that are dangerous to the internal security of the state. Mr. Abdillahi said that the media house had published false information concerning the police. He went on to say that they had written that the commissioner and his deputy do not see eye to eye and were wrangling between themselves.
This is the second time the newspaper has been shut down this year.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 209 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial