- Somaliland: Calling Members of the House of Representatives
- Somaliland: Africa Should be Telling its Own Story
- Somaliland: Government Gears up For Meaningful Education
- Somaliland: Daughter Pays Glowing Tribute to Assassinated Father and Somali MP Yusuf Dirir
- Somaliland: Bristol Charges 21 Year Old Somali for the Murder of Amal Abdi
|Somaliland: Police Cordon-off Media House|
|Saturday, 14 December 2013 23:24|
By: G.A Maher
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) - A contingent of police officers from the dreaded anti-terrorism unit RRU raided the premises of Hubaal Media Network at Goljanno area of Hargeisa city.
The eye witnesses are reported to have said that the police in a convoy of four vehicles closed off the road leading to the media house and arrested a couple of staff who were present at the time.
The chairman and the editor are still at large and police have started a man-hunt. Police commissioner Brigadier General Abdillahi Fadal Iman has accused the newspaper for writing articles that are dangerous to the internal security of the state. Mr. Abdillahi said that the media house had published false information concerning the police. He went on to say that they had written that the commissioner and his deputy do not see eye to eye and were wrangling between themselves.
This is the second time the newspaper has been shut down this year.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 1105 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial