We are currently in the process of testing several options for commenting. Right now the option for commenting through Facebook accounts is active. Soon we will decide which system we will use. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please feel free to leave your comments through the Facebook option.
If you have any suggestion or ideas, please let us know at email@example.com
Somaliland Sun Editorial Team, May 20, 2013
- Somaliland: “We need to be Prepared to Thwart new Threats from Somalia” Medeshi
- The World’s Most Dangerous Waters
- Somaliland: Hargeisa livestock Market after Rehabilitation (Video)
- Somaliland: Rowdy Unionist Fail to Disrupt 18th May Celebrations in Holland
- Somaliland: “Ethiopia Shall Defend Somaliland to the Hilt” PM Desalegn
- Kenya: Uhuru Kenyatta appoints Female Somalilander as Secretary of Foreign Affairs
- Somaliland: Norwegian Oil and Gas Company Signs Production Sharing Contract
- Somaliland: Government takes Control of Airspace as it Bans UN Flights
- Somaliland: Country Urged to Capitalize on the Flexibility of the UK and Danish Governments
- Somaliland: Somaliland’s Achievements in a Fragile Region
|Somaliland: Sool Terror Suspects Ferried to Hargeisa for Investigations|
|Tuesday, 19 February 2013 00:19|
By: Yusuf M Hasan
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – A large number of suspected terrorists are currently guests of the state at the Hargeisa central police station.
The tens of suspects terrorists were transferred from Las Anod police station by Sool regional administration thus effect proper investigations by the CID headquarters with a view to arraigning them in court if investigators are satisfied of the suspect's connection to terrorism or intent to commit terror acts not only in Somaliland but other neighbouring countries as well.
Also in the terror suspects mix is a son to Eng. Feisal Ali Warabe the leader of the opposition partyof UCID, arrested in Las Anod together with a female companion on Saturday night.
It is not yet clear under what circumstances the Las Anod police arrested The Warabe son and the lady both of whom are reported to have been en-route to Hargeisa from Finland where both reside.
The other ten suspects all of them passengers of 4X4 land cruiser vehicle who were arrested at a go, will have a rough time proving their innocence if initial reports from Las Anod police is anything to go by.
Meanwhile Las Anod police have arrested two people in connection to the grisly murder of a religious leader in Garowe, the capital of the Somalia administrative region of Puntland.
According to the Sool regional deputy police commander Abdilahi Saeed Guleid, one of the two currently in custody at the Las Anod Central police station is known to have been responsible for the murder of a Puntland religious leader, the late Sheikh Abdiqadir Nuur Farah, while his companion is under investigation.
Commander Guleid says that security personnel in Sool region are in high alert for terrorist aligned to Al-shabaab intent on seeking shelter in Somaliland through Las Anod town following their continued ejection from bases in Somalia by AMISOM troops.
You are not aloneWe have 166 guests and 1 member online