- Somaliland: Sovereignty is a Unanimous and Irrevocable Decision made by Somalilanders- Sil
- Somaliland: Young and Old Committed to the Nation-President Silanyo
- Somaliland: Fighting Against FGM
- Somaliland: Burao Residents Urge the SFG to Refrain from Hate Speeches
- Somaliland: Nation Commemorates 22 Years of Self-rule
- Kenya: Uhuru Kenyatta appoints Female Somalilander as Secretary of Foreign Affairs
- Somaliland: Norwegian Oil and Gas Company Signs Production Sharing Contract
- Somaliland: Government takes Control of Airspace as it Bans UN Flights
- Somaliland: Somaliland’s Achievements in a Fragile Region
- Somaliland: Country Urged to Capitalize on the Flexibility of the UK and Danish Governments
|Somaliland: Ministers on UAE Relations Enhancement Visit|
|Tuesday, 15 January 2013 16:03|
Press Statement: Ministry of Foreign Affairs
DUBAI (Somalilandsun) - The Republic of Somaliland's Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Dr. Mohamed Abdillahi Omar, accompanied by the Minister of Presidency, Mr. Hersi Ali Hagi Hassan, arrived in Dubai yesterday
evening as part of a diplomatic visit meant to deepen Somaliland's long-standing economic and security partnership with the United Arab Emirates.
While in Dubai, Foreign Minister Omar will meet with representatives from the government and private sector, including State Minister for Foreign Affairs, Dr. Anwar Mohammed Gargash, and intermediaries from the maritime terminal operating and developing company DP World.
The UAE and Somaliland have developed close cooperation in the areas of trade, investment, the fight against piracy and regional affairs. In June 2012, the UAE government showed its commitment to peace and stability in the Horn of Africa by bringing together the presidents of Somaliland and Somalia to ratify a framework for bilateral dialogue meant to clarify future relations between the two countries.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The Republic of Somaliland.
You are not aloneWe have 111 guests online