We are currently in the process of testing several options for commenting. Right now the option for commenting through Facebook accounts is active. Soon we will decide which system we will use. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please feel free to leave your comments through the Facebook option.
If you have any suggestion or ideas, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Somaliland Sun Editorial Team, May 20, 2013
- Somaliland: “We need to be Prepared to Thwart new Threats from Somalia” Medeshi
- The World’s Most Dangerous Waters
- Somaliland: Hargeisa livestock Market after Rehabilitation (Video)
- Somaliland: Rowdy Unionist Fail to Disrupt 18th May Celebrations in Holland
- Somaliland: “Ethiopia Shall Defend Somaliland to the Hilt” PM Desalegn
- Kenya: Uhuru Kenyatta appoints Female Somalilander as Secretary of Foreign Affairs
- Somaliland: Norwegian Oil and Gas Company Signs Production Sharing Contract
- Somaliland: Government takes Control of Airspace as it Bans UN Flights
- Somaliland: Country Urged to Capitalize on the Flexibility of the UK and Danish Governments
- Somaliland: Somaliland’s Achievements in a Fragile Region
|Somaliland: Hargeisa Municipality gets Presidential Inspection|
|Thursday, 02 August 2012 21:31|
By: Yusuf M Hasan
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – Business at the Hargeisa municipality came to a surprised standstill when workers noticed the president amongst ordinary citizens waiting for services.
The President H.E Ahmed Mahmud Silanyo was given a briefing by Hargeisa Municipality departmental heads during an inspection tour that started incognito at the local council's headquarters at 8am.
Surprised staff members first suspected something was amiss when citizens waiting for services opened up to let a tall man through who turned to be the president intent on first-hand information.
The surprise tour caught senior council off-guard owing to the fact that acting deputy mayor Councillor Mahmoud Abdillahi Urade and most council members were absent from duties. The senior most officer around to brief the president was the Executive secretary (Clerk to the council)
The clerk Mawlid Weris Abdilahi who shouldering the onerous task guided the president through the departments of Finance, Archives, Lands and Taxation where the section heads briefed the president on their functions.
The president and his entourage that included Police commander, Presidential escort commander, deputy prisons commander, deputy Hargeisa regional governor and ministers Hirsi-Presidency and Duur-Interior then took a leisurely walk back to the presidency.
This tour by the president allays fears created by recent media reports that he, president, is very ill.
You are not aloneWe have 184 guests and 1 member online