- Somaliland: Sovereignty is a Unanimous and Irrevocable Decision made by Somalilanders- Sil
- Somaliland: Young and Old Committed to the Nation-President Silanyo
- Somaliland: Fighting Against FGM
- Somaliland: Burao Residents Urge the SFG to Refrain from Hate Speeches
- Somaliland: Nation Commemorates 22 Years of Self-rule
- Kenya: Uhuru Kenyatta appoints Female Somalilander as Secretary of Foreign Affairs
- Somaliland: Norwegian Oil and Gas Company Signs Production Sharing Contract
- Somaliland: Government takes Control of Airspace as it Bans UN Flights
- Somaliland: Somaliland’s Achievements in a Fragile Region
- Somaliland: Country Urged to Capitalize on the Flexibility of the UK and Danish Governments
|Somaliland: President Visits Recuperating Minister|
|Saturday, 16 June 2012 20:32|
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) - The President H.E. Ahmed Mohammed Mohamud Silanyo yesterday at 2pm visited Hon. Dr. Mohammed-rashid Sheikh Hassan, the State Minister for Foreign Affairs, who is recuperating at home following a sudden illness in London.
The Head of State who was accompanied by several senior State House officials was filled by his cabinet minister on the latter's state of health.
The President thereafter prayed for him to get well faster and wished him well.
On the other hand, Hon. Dr. Mohammed-rashid who have just returned back home from London at the end of the week, thanked the President and the First Lady Amina-weris for having been regularly keeping up to date with his state of affairs.
The Minister suddenly got ill while attending with the President at the end of February the Lancaster House Conference on Somalia.
He was rushed to hospital and has been all along in London recovering.
He thanked Somalilanders and members of the media fraternity for having shown concern and praying for him constantly.
The writer Mohamed Ahmed Egge is the editor of the Horn Tribune an English weekly newspaper published by the Dawan Media Group in Hargeisa
You are not aloneWe have 105 guests online