- UNSC Holds Informal Interactive Dialogue on the AU Mission in Somalia
- Somaliland: Hon Hussein Abdi Duale is a Brilliant, Competent, Visionary and a Man of Integrity
- Somaliland: Bulsho TV News-22nd April 2014
- Somaliland: Waran’ade in Return Visit to Ethiopia
- Somaliland: “If Troops under my Command Ever Defect, Never to Puntland shall it be”- Col Ambaashe
- Somalia: Eyewitness Reveals how the Systematic Murder of UN Staffers was Perpetrated at Galkayo Airport
- Somaliland: Joint Measures aimed at Protecting & Preserving Natural Resources Formulated by Water & Environment Ministries.
- Somaliland: Soldiers Deployed at Badan Border Town in Eagerness to Combat Eternal Aggression Precipitated by Somalia’s Semi-autonomous region of Puntland
- Somaliland: A Proven Bottom-Up Approach for Somalia
- Somaliland: “Plans are in Gear to Establish Water Sufficiency in the Country ” Water Minister
- Somaliland: “If Troops under my Command Ever Defect, Never to Puntland shall it be”- Col Ambaashe (8)
- UNSC Holds Informal Interactive Dialogue on the AU Mission in Somalia (1)
- Somaliland: Ethiopia and Somaliland Vow to Strengthen Trade and Investment Ties (5)
- Somaliland: Hon Hussein Abdi Duale is a Brilliant, Competent, Visionary and a Man of Integrity (3)
- Somalia: Eyewitness Reveals how the Systematic Murder of UN Staffers was Perpetrated at Galkayo Airport (46)
|Somaliland: Delegation En-route To Turkey for Somalia Talks|
|Monday, 08 April 2013 22:02|
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – An all-encompassing delegation representing the country in talks with Somalia has departed the capital city Hargeisa for Turkey.
The delegation led by H.E Ahmed Mahmud Silanyo which was given a warm send-off by thousands of citizens at the Egal international Airport shall travel to the Turkish capital Ankara via Addis Ababa Ethiopia.
At a pre-departure press conference at the airport's VIP lounge president Silanyo who informed that they are yet to receive the talk's agenda from host turkey said the country's stance on non-negotiation of its sovereignty remains supreme.
"During discussions with our southern neighbours Somalia the issue of Somaliland's Sovereignty shall and will not be on the agenda" said president Silanyo
Somaliland broke away from its fateful union with Somalia after a prolonged and damaging civil war 22 years ago is still reeling from the massive damage on both lives and property meted upon it by the regime of Dictator Siad Barre.
Saying that it is his duty and mandate to seek sovereignty recognition for the country from the international community President Silanyo informed that he shall not cower from this arduous task and that his administration will travel anywhere in the world and meet any who are of interest in pursuit of the recognition quest.
The talks between Somaliland and Somalia which were initiated during the February 2012 London conference on Somalia saw two meetings in Chevening house London where an 8 point agreement was reached between technical committees and in Dubai where the 4 point "Dubai declaration" was signed by president Silanyo and his then counterpart Sheikh Sharif.
Somaliland postponed the now to be resumed talks in Turkey, mid last year, after the mandate of the sheikh Sharif led TFG –Government expire thus facilitating the Selection of current president Hassan sheikh Mahmud who is expected to meet with president Silanyo for the first time in Ankara.
Although the talks are resuming in turkey the British government the original initiator is said to be part and parcel of the process that remains very thorny thus defeating the diplomatic prowess of the Britons due to the divergent stances taken by the two sides with Somaliland adamant on non-discussion of its sovereignty and Somalia determined to recreate the union broken by Somaliland in 1991.
While the Somalia government is adamant on reuniting with Somaliland the Hargeisa government fully supported by 97.9% of citizens is determined that:
• Sovereignty and unity are taboo areas not for discussions with anybody
• Somali Federal Government-SFG l should acknowledge "crimes committed" against the people of Somaliland.
• Thus the talks should only focus on areas of cooperation such as borders, security and trade.
The president who is accompanied by the first lady Ms Amina Mohamed Jirdeh 'Amina Weris' is leading an all-encompassing delegation that includes administration officials, political party leaders and members of parliament namely:
Minister of foreign affairs Dr Mohamed Abdilahi Omar
Minister of Justice Mr Hussein Ahmed Aideed
Minister of Labour and Family Affairs Mr Mahmud Ahmed Barre 'Garad'
Minister of the presidency Mr Hirsi Haji Ali
Deputy speaker of parliament MP Bashe Mohamed Farah and
UCID party leader Eng. Feisal Ali Warabe
While the speaker of parliament and leader of the opposition party Wadani MP Abdirahman Irro who is currently in Europe was not in the list distributed by the presidential press service it is anticipated that he shall link with the main entourage in Turkey
Follow these links to peruse earlier material on the talks
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 360 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial