- Somaliland: The Opposition Leaders Of WADANI Rejects To Participate In Parliament Proceedings Till Ciiro Arrives Back
- Somaliland: Kulmiye Chairman Welcomes Agreement reached by Djibouti’s Government and Opposition Parties
- Somaliland: UK Labour Party to Push Somaliland Recognition if it Comes to Power in 2015 Elections
- Somaliland: Somalia and Somaliland - Improving Ministerial Effectiveness
- Somaliland: President Silanyo visits National Forces at the Frontline
- Somaliland: It is perfect Times to Tell the Truth (90)
- Somaliland: Somaliland, Somalia & ARC: The Final Nail in the Coffin (50)
- Somaliland: ARE OIL AND GAS BLOCS IN SOMALILAND VIABLE? (15)
- Somaliland: The Three National Political Parties Head In Head With Electoral Commission For Second Time: (2)
- Somaliland: UK Labour Party to Push Somaliland Recognition if it Comes to Power in 2015 Elections (37)
|Somaliland: New Mayors for Gabile and Baligubale Local Councils|
|Tuesday, 25 December 2012 18:22|
By: Latifa Yusuf Masai
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – Most of the newly elected local governments have completed ascension to office.
The sprawling Gabile local council is to be led by Councillor Shuaib Mohamed Muse after he was elected mayor during the first sitting of the incoming local government that was elected on 28th November.
Cllr Shuaib of the ruling Kulmiye party garnered 15 votes out of the total of 21 while Councillor Abdi Eid of UMADDA political group who received 12 votes becomes the new deputy mayor.
The mayoral election that came after the Gabile district court swore-in the new 21 member council saw the victorious Shuaib defeat his opponent Cllr Ali Mohamed Sh Suleiman who received 6 votes.
In a similar exercise Councillor Abdi Iman Jama was elected mayor of the Baligubadle local council while Councillor Mowlid Jama Yusuf who was unopposed becomes the deputy mayor.
The hotly contested office of Baligubadle mayor that was supervised by the Hawd regional governor Jamal Hure Hussein saw the new mayor garner 7 votes out of the total of 13 thus defeat his opponent councillor Saad Hariri
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 269 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial