- Somaliland: Help UKIP Petition Great Britain to Recognize Somaliland
- Somaliland: IOM Facilitates Integration of Displaced Families
- Somalilandsun Mourns the Demise of the Late Abdirahman Mohamed Diriye (Abdi Shariff)
- Somalia: “Amb Kay Appeals for International Support to Revive the Failed State
- Somaliland: Full Council Meeting Vows not to implement Ministerial Land Directive in Toto
- Somaliland: Guurti Chair Applauds Elders for Resolving Conflict among Memebrs of Parliament
- Somaliland: Salaam Financials Facilitates Local Servicing of International Credit Cards
- Somaliland: “Advance Plans To Relieve City Inhabitants From Frequent Water Shortages Are In Offing”- Presidency minister tells parliamentarians.
- Ethiopian Planned Second Dam Might Inflame Nile Water Controversy with Egypt
- Somaliland: Ethiopian and Somaliland Intelligence Depicts officers arrest ONLF Commando
- Somaliland: Funds Passed through Mogadishu not Acceptable- Planning minister (17)
- Somaliland: Help UKIP Petition Great Britain to Recognize Somaliland (4)
- Somaliland: Full Council Meeting Vows not to implement Ministerial Land Directive in Toto (3)
- Somaliland: President on Western Regions Development Inspection Tour (6)
- Somaliland: “Advance Plans To Relieve City Inhabitants From Frequent Water Shortages Are In Offing”- Presidency minister tells parliamentarians. (52)
|Somaliland: New Mayors for Gabile and Baligubale Local Councils|
|Tuesday, 25 December 2012 18:22|
By: Latifa Yusuf Masai
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – Most of the newly elected local governments have completed ascension to office.
The sprawling Gabile local council is to be led by Councillor Shuaib Mohamed Muse after he was elected mayor during the first sitting of the incoming local government that was elected on 28th November.
Cllr Shuaib of the ruling Kulmiye party garnered 15 votes out of the total of 21 while Councillor Abdi Eid of UMADDA political group who received 12 votes becomes the new deputy mayor.
The mayoral election that came after the Gabile district court swore-in the new 21 member council saw the victorious Shuaib defeat his opponent Cllr Ali Mohamed Sh Suleiman who received 6 votes.
In a similar exercise Councillor Abdi Iman Jama was elected mayor of the Baligubadle local council while Councillor Mowlid Jama Yusuf who was unopposed becomes the deputy mayor.
The hotly contested office of Baligubadle mayor that was supervised by the Hawd regional governor Jamal Hure Hussein saw the new mayor garner 7 votes out of the total of 13 thus defeat his opponent councillor Saad Hariri
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 125 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial