- Somaliland: Telesom Benefits Hargeisa Roads Construction Project
- Somaliland: Remittances are Vital in Driving Local Economic Growth
- Somaliland: Khatumo State formation Contravenes the Italia-Somalia Road Map Constitution
- Somaliland: Civil Society Position Paper on National ID Registration
- Israel’s Ukraine Dilemma
- Somalia: Eyewitness Reveals how the Systematic Murder of UN Staffers was Perpetrated at Galkayo Airport
- Somaliland: Joint Measures aimed at Protecting & Preserving Natural Resources Formulated by Water & Environment Ministries.
- Somaliland: Soldiers Deployed at Badan Border Town in Eagerness to Combat Eternal Aggression Precipitated by Somalia’s Semi-autonomous region of Puntland
- Somaliland: A Proven Bottom-Up Approach for Somalia
- Somaliland: “Plans are in Gear to Establish Water Sufficiency in the Country ” Water Minister
- Somaliland: “If Troops under my Command Ever Defect, Never to Puntland shall it be”- Col Ambaashe (18)
- Somalia: Eyewitness Reveals how the Systematic Murder of UN Staffers was Perpetrated at Galkayo Airport (64)
- Somaliland: Khatumo State formation Contravenes the Italia-Somalia Road Map Constitution (9)
- Somaliland: Outlook on the Country’s Economic Development and 1960 Treaty with Somalia –CNBC interview with Dr M Omar (20)
- Somalia: Searching for Unity in a Fragmented Country (6)
|Somaliland: New Mayors for Gabile and Baligubale Local Councils|
|Tuesday, 25 December 2012 18:22|
By: Latifa Yusuf Masai
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – Most of the newly elected local governments have completed ascension to office.
The sprawling Gabile local council is to be led by Councillor Shuaib Mohamed Muse after he was elected mayor during the first sitting of the incoming local government that was elected on 28th November.
Cllr Shuaib of the ruling Kulmiye party garnered 15 votes out of the total of 21 while Councillor Abdi Eid of UMADDA political group who received 12 votes becomes the new deputy mayor.
The mayoral election that came after the Gabile district court swore-in the new 21 member council saw the victorious Shuaib defeat his opponent Cllr Ali Mohamed Sh Suleiman who received 6 votes.
In a similar exercise Councillor Abdi Iman Jama was elected mayor of the Baligubadle local council while Councillor Mowlid Jama Yusuf who was unopposed becomes the deputy mayor.
The hotly contested office of Baligubadle mayor that was supervised by the Hawd regional governor Jamal Hure Hussein saw the new mayor garner 7 votes out of the total of 13 thus defeat his opponent councillor Saad Hariri
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 192 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial