- Somaliland: Japanese Government Team in Four Days Official Working Visit
- Somaliland: Australian Court Grants Somali Community Remittance Breathing Space
- Somaliland: “Dabagubaw Sharkaa Ku Raac," and “Wacdaraha Hinaasaha” Plays Performing at HCC
- Somaliland: Sanitation Campaign Targets City Dwelling Livestock
- Somaliland: Opposition Politicians Urged to Stop Empty Rhetoric and Help Develop the Country
- Somaliland: In Failed Appeal UK Court Orders the Union of the Comoros to Pay £110,000 to UAE based Union Marine
- Somaliland: Danish Born Somalis Growing Up as Children of “Unwanted Immigrants” in Copenhagen
- Somaliland: “Port and Fuel Depot Facilities plus Logistics Satisfactory for Trade” Ethiopian Government Delegation
- Somaliland: SSE Supports Government Stance on Non Participation at the Copenhagen Somalia Compact Forum
- Somaliland: Reconstruction and Development Sabotage in Sool region of Somaliland by Dr Ali Issa
- Somaliland: Opposition Politicians Urged to Stop Empty Rhetoric and Help Develop the Country (11)
- Somaliland: Elections and the Lack of an Opposition Agenda (10)
- Somaliland: In Failed Appeal UK Court Orders the Union of the Comoros to Pay £110,000 to UAE based Union Marine (10)
- Somaliland: Law Graduates Applaud Presidency Minister (12)
- Somaliland: HCC Unveils “The Mystery of the Land of Punt Unraveled” Novel (3)
|Somaliland: New Mayors for Gabile and Baligubale Local Councils|
|Tuesday, 25 December 2012 18:22|
By: Latifa Yusuf Masai
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – Most of the newly elected local governments have completed ascension to office.
The sprawling Gabile local council is to be led by Councillor Shuaib Mohamed Muse after he was elected mayor during the first sitting of the incoming local government that was elected on 28th November.
Cllr Shuaib of the ruling Kulmiye party garnered 15 votes out of the total of 21 while Councillor Abdi Eid of UMADDA political group who received 12 votes becomes the new deputy mayor.
The mayoral election that came after the Gabile district court swore-in the new 21 member council saw the victorious Shuaib defeat his opponent Cllr Ali Mohamed Sh Suleiman who received 6 votes.
In a similar exercise Councillor Abdi Iman Jama was elected mayor of the Baligubadle local council while Councillor Mowlid Jama Yusuf who was unopposed becomes the deputy mayor.
The hotly contested office of Baligubadle mayor that was supervised by the Hawd regional governor Jamal Hure Hussein saw the new mayor garner 7 votes out of the total of 13 thus defeat his opponent councillor Saad Hariri
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 343 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial