- Somaliland: Government Condemns Palestinian Massacre
- Somalia: U.N. Warns of Alarming Malnutrition Rates in Mogadishu
- Somaliland: Landers Join Muslim Brethren in Eid Celebrations held Worldwide
- Somaliland: ‘Mobile Money Sprinters’ Adapt to Local Conditions
- Somaliland: British Somaliland Peoples Culture
- Somaliland: International Arrest Warrant Issued for SFG Police Chief Wanted in Canada for Crimes against Humanity
- “Tectonic Shifts Technologically” Bring Mixed Results for Freedom of expression and Media Development- UNESCO
- Survey Warns of Serious Consequences 0f Ignoring Hate Crime towards Minorities and Indigenous Peoples in Africa
- Somalia: Four Killed as Al-Shabaab Claims Responsibility for Targeting MP’s In Mogadishu, And Warns of More Violence
- BBC Somali Service's Careless Writing and Lack of Word Choice Create Confusion and Irritating
- Somaliland: Landers Join Muslim Brethren in Eid Celebrations held Worldwide (6)
- Somaliland: International Arrest Warrant Issued for SFG Police Chief Wanted in Canada for Crimes against Humanity (130)
- Somaliland: Government Condemns Palestinian Massacre (2)
- Somalia: U.N. Warns of Alarming Malnutrition Rates in Mogadishu (3)
- Somaliland: British Somaliland Peoples Culture (5)
|Somaliland: New Mayors for Gabile and Baligubale Local Councils|
|Tuesday, 25 December 2012 18:22|
By: Latifa Yusuf Masai
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – Most of the newly elected local governments have completed ascension to office.
The sprawling Gabile local council is to be led by Councillor Shuaib Mohamed Muse after he was elected mayor during the first sitting of the incoming local government that was elected on 28th November.
Cllr Shuaib of the ruling Kulmiye party garnered 15 votes out of the total of 21 while Councillor Abdi Eid of UMADDA political group who received 12 votes becomes the new deputy mayor.
The mayoral election that came after the Gabile district court swore-in the new 21 member council saw the victorious Shuaib defeat his opponent Cllr Ali Mohamed Sh Suleiman who received 6 votes.
In a similar exercise Councillor Abdi Iman Jama was elected mayor of the Baligubadle local council while Councillor Mowlid Jama Yusuf who was unopposed becomes the deputy mayor.
The hotly contested office of Baligubadle mayor that was supervised by the Hawd regional governor Jamal Hure Hussein saw the new mayor garner 7 votes out of the total of 13 thus defeat his opponent councillor Saad Hariri
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 214 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial