- Somaliland: Open Letter to the Government and people of the Kingdom of Sweden
- Somaliland: Briton Somali Linguist in Hargeisa
- Somaliland: In Somalia, Wire Transfers go Underground
- Somaliland: A Country Bullied out of its UN Membership
- Somaliland: Why a Delegation of Turkish Officials Visited Minnesota
- Somaliland: International Community is misleading SomalilandSomaliland: International Community is misleading Somaliland
- Somaliland:MOBILIZE YOUR PEOPLE FOR THE EVENTUALITIES SIR
- Somaliland:Somaliland/Somalia Dialogue to resume in Ankara on Sunday
- Somaliland: Canadian judge tells Muslim woman he will not hear her case until she removes her headscarf
- Somaliland: Somaliland’s Elections 4 Months Left, No Preparation So Far And The Blame Game Initiated
- Somaliland: Open Letter to the Government and people of the Kingdom of Sweden (17)
- Somaliland: In Somalia, Wire Transfers go Underground (1)
- Somaliland: In Somalia, Hunger Isn’t All About the Rains (4)
- Somaliland: Briton Somali Linguist in Hargeisa (4)
- Somaliland: A Country Bullied out of its UN Membership (35)
|Somaliland: New Mayors for Gabile and Baligubale Local Councils|
|Tuesday, 25 December 2012 18:22|
By: Latifa Yusuf Masai
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – Most of the newly elected local governments have completed ascension to office.
The sprawling Gabile local council is to be led by Councillor Shuaib Mohamed Muse after he was elected mayor during the first sitting of the incoming local government that was elected on 28th November.
Cllr Shuaib of the ruling Kulmiye party garnered 15 votes out of the total of 21 while Councillor Abdi Eid of UMADDA political group who received 12 votes becomes the new deputy mayor.
The mayoral election that came after the Gabile district court swore-in the new 21 member council saw the victorious Shuaib defeat his opponent Cllr Ali Mohamed Sh Suleiman who received 6 votes.
In a similar exercise Councillor Abdi Iman Jama was elected mayor of the Baligubadle local council while Councillor Mowlid Jama Yusuf who was unopposed becomes the deputy mayor.
The hotly contested office of Baligubadle mayor that was supervised by the Hawd regional governor Jamal Hure Hussein saw the new mayor garner 7 votes out of the total of 13 thus defeat his opponent councillor Saad Hariri
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 396 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial