- Somaliland: UK Diplomats and Guurti Elders Brainstorm Postponed Elections
- Somaliland: Yemeni Refugees Pose a Threat to Somalia
- Somaliland: State Raises Public Awareness on SDF and SSA Funds
- Somaliland: Education Minister Calls Apt Standards
- Somaliland: “We have Services of Skilled Professionals for Programmes Development” says U’kuse
- Somaliland: “State to Uplift Health and Educational Standards in Sool Region” Dr Haglatosie
- Somaliland: “Citizens Already Benefiting from a Chunk of the $62m SDF Kitty “ says Planning Minister
- Somaliland: EU Heads of Mission and Member States Condemn the Execution of Six Prisoners Nairobi, 15/04/2015
- Somaliland: Governor Ramah of Awdal Castigates Borame Councillors for Lackluster Performance
- Somaliland: Legislators and Government Officials in Ethiopia for Leadership Training cum AU Talks
- Somaliland: Rome and Hargeisa Establish Closer Diplomatic Links (7)
- Somaliland: Abysmal Status in the Health Sector (3)
- Somaliland: Yemeni Refugees Pose a Threat to Somalia (1)
- Somaliland: Is a Turkey, Wadani and Villa SomaliaTripartite Alliance Real and Brewing Mischief? (6)
- Somaliland: Emirates P&O Ports Set for Berbera Port Operational Development Contract (1)
|Somaliland: New Mayors for Gabile and Baligubale Local Councils|
|Tuesday, 25 December 2012 18:22|
By: Latifa Yusuf Masai
HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – Most of the newly elected local governments have completed ascension to office.
The sprawling Gabile local council is to be led by Councillor Shuaib Mohamed Muse after he was elected mayor during the first sitting of the incoming local government that was elected on 28th November.
Cllr Shuaib of the ruling Kulmiye party garnered 15 votes out of the total of 21 while Councillor Abdi Eid of UMADDA political group who received 12 votes becomes the new deputy mayor.
The mayoral election that came after the Gabile district court swore-in the new 21 member council saw the victorious Shuaib defeat his opponent Cllr Ali Mohamed Sh Suleiman who received 6 votes.
In a similar exercise Councillor Abdi Iman Jama was elected mayor of the Baligubadle local council while Councillor Mowlid Jama Yusuf who was unopposed becomes the deputy mayor.
The hotly contested office of Baligubadle mayor that was supervised by the Hawd regional governor Jamal Hure Hussein saw the new mayor garner 7 votes out of the total of 13 thus defeat his opponent councillor Saad Hariri
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 772 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial