- Somaliland: Legislators Reject State Plans to Privatize Oil Storage Management
- Is the EU Complicit in the Immense Suffering of Desperate Migrants?
- Somaliland: Madar Sisters Establish a Kids Wonderland in Hargeisa
- Somaliland: Administrative Constraints in Sool Region Can Impact Negatively on SDF Projects
- Somaliland: Hargeisa Orphanage Receives Donation of Sports Clothing from Qatar Based Citizen
- Somaliland: Buhodle Residents Forcefully Evict Puntland Soldiers, 9 Killed
- Somaliland: President Silanyo Goes Overt on Dictatorial Tendencies
- Somaliland: Guurti Allotted Election Dates Valid”, Constitutional Court
- Somaliland: Under Investigation Soma Oil Paid SFG Top Dollar-Leaked
- Somaliland: Master Ahmed Dayib Succumbs to Bullet Injuries
|SOMALILAND: SOMTEL and O3b Networks Ltd in 2014 High-Speed Internet Satellite Deal|
|Thursday, 14 November 2013 20:48|
Somalilandsun -Somaliland will have access to high-speed telecommunications networks after agreeing to two deals that will connect the Horn of Africa nation to fiber optic cables and satellites.
O3b Networks Ltd., a satellite provider that includes Google Inc. (GOOG) and HSBC Principal Investments among its investors, will provide Internet capacity to Hargeisa, Somaliland-based Somtel from 2014, the company said in a statement today.
"At present, connectivity is neither reliable nor adequate in Somalia," Somtel Chief Technology Officer Ismail Dualeh said in the statement. "The O3b solution will give Somtel the chance to bring vastly improved Internet connectivity with better performance."
Somalia's first fiber optic broadband link will be built by Mauritius-based Liquid Telecom, the company said in a statement yesterday. The build out of communication networks in the country has been hampered by conflict since the 1991 fall from power of Mohamed Siad Barre's dictatorship.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 1256 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial