- Somaliland: In Failed Appeal UK Court Orders the Union of the Comoros to Pay £110,000 to UAE based Union Marine
- Somaliland: Danish Born Somalis Growing Up as Children of “Unwanted Immigrants” in Copenhagen
- Somaliland: “Port and Fuel Depot Facilities plus Logistics Satisfactory for Trade” Ethiopian Government Delegation
- Somaliland: Reconstruction and Development Sabotage in Sool region of Somaliland by Dr Ali Issa
- Somaliland: Commemorating Liberation of Mankind, Peace and Human Dignity Day in Memory of Hero Majura
- Somaliland: Aman Obsiye Doesn’t Represent Me (5)
- Somaliland: The Forgotten Soldiers Documentary (1)
- Somaliland: British MPs Wary of Relations with Somalia after UN Alleges Corrupt Oil Deals and Weapons Sales (26)
- Somaliland: Guurti does it again as it Reconciles Wrangling Legislators (21)
- Somaliland: Why the Country Craves Recognition as an Independent Sovereign State (17)
|SOMALILAND: SOMTEL and O3b Networks Ltd in 2014 High-Speed Internet Satellite Deal|
|Thursday, 14 November 2013 20:48|
Somalilandsun -Somaliland will have access to high-speed telecommunications networks after agreeing to two deals that will connect the Horn of Africa nation to fiber optic cables and satellites.
O3b Networks Ltd., a satellite provider that includes Google Inc. (GOOG) and HSBC Principal Investments among its investors, will provide Internet capacity to Hargeisa, Somaliland-based Somtel from 2014, the company said in a statement today.
"At present, connectivity is neither reliable nor adequate in Somalia," Somtel Chief Technology Officer Ismail Dualeh said in the statement. "The O3b solution will give Somtel the chance to bring vastly improved Internet connectivity with better performance."
Somalia's first fiber optic broadband link will be built by Mauritius-based Liquid Telecom, the company said in a statement yesterday. The build out of communication networks in the country has been hampered by conflict since the 1991 fall from power of Mohamed Siad Barre's dictatorship.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 477 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial