- Somaliland: Busiest Weekend for Italian Navy and Deadliest for Illegal’s Crossing the Mediterranean
- Somaliland: The Next and Biggest East Africa's Commercial Hub
- Somaliland: Air Arabia launches flights to Chittagong, Bangladesh from Ras Al Khaimah
- Somaliland: Biometrics Expertise to Help Ensure Honest Elections in 2015
- Somaliland: Entrepreneurship: The Business Plan - Part 1
- Somaliland: Power Cut leads to Candles Lit Dinners for President Gas of Puntland (17)
- Somaliland: The Eye Opener: Hope in the land of Somalis (39)
- Somaliland: 15% Off Airtime Top Up to Any Country (2)
- Somaliland: Engaging Young People on Democracy (1)
- Somalia: Forbidden Desires And Private Armies ( + Video) (1)
|SOMALILAND: SOMTEL and O3b Networks Ltd in 2014 High-Speed Internet Satellite Deal|
|Thursday, 14 November 2013 20:48|
Somalilandsun -Somaliland will have access to high-speed telecommunications networks after agreeing to two deals that will connect the Horn of Africa nation to fiber optic cables and satellites.
O3b Networks Ltd., a satellite provider that includes Google Inc. (GOOG) and HSBC Principal Investments among its investors, will provide Internet capacity to Hargeisa, Somaliland-based Somtel from 2014, the company said in a statement today.
"At present, connectivity is neither reliable nor adequate in Somalia," Somtel Chief Technology Officer Ismail Dualeh said in the statement. "The O3b solution will give Somtel the chance to bring vastly improved Internet connectivity with better performance."
Somalia's first fiber optic broadband link will be built by Mauritius-based Liquid Telecom, the company said in a statement yesterday. The build out of communication networks in the country has been hampered by conflict since the 1991 fall from power of Mohamed Siad Barre's dictatorship.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 210 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial