- Somaliland: Egal International Airport Starts Handling Flights 24/7
- Somaliland: EU Joins the Somalia Stability Fund
- Somaliland: Tips to Success in National Examinations
- Somaliland: US Cautioned President on Election Delay- Leaked
- Somaliland: Terrorism Convict Still in Prison despite Expiry of Custodial Sentence
- Somaliland: President Hasan of Somalia Eyes’ SL Guurti Chairmanship in 2016
- Somaliland: “Puntland Should Respect International Boundaries” Urges Ugaaska Dir
- Somaliland: No Debate against My Country
- Somaliland: Gutter Press Practicing Journalists Swamp Country” Says Irro
- Somaliland: Road Accident Claims UN Staffers Lives
|SOMALILAND: SOMTEL and O3b Networks Ltd in 2014 High-Speed Internet Satellite Deal|
|Thursday, 14 November 2013 20:48|
Somalilandsun -Somaliland will have access to high-speed telecommunications networks after agreeing to two deals that will connect the Horn of Africa nation to fiber optic cables and satellites.
O3b Networks Ltd., a satellite provider that includes Google Inc. (GOOG) and HSBC Principal Investments among its investors, will provide Internet capacity to Hargeisa, Somaliland-based Somtel from 2014, the company said in a statement today.
"At present, connectivity is neither reliable nor adequate in Somalia," Somtel Chief Technology Officer Ismail Dualeh said in the statement. "The O3b solution will give Somtel the chance to bring vastly improved Internet connectivity with better performance."
Somalia's first fiber optic broadband link will be built by Mauritius-based Liquid Telecom, the company said in a statement yesterday. The build out of communication networks in the country has been hampered by conflict since the 1991 fall from power of Mohamed Siad Barre's dictatorship.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 425 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial