- Somaliland: English Town Where Abuse of Young Girls Flourished
- Somaliland: The Corrupt Nomination of President and Parliament is a Farce that is Somalia
- Somaliland: President Must Save the Country from its Public Servants
- Somaliland: “A Million at risk as Somalia Slides towards Famine” - UN
- Somaliland: “I am Assuming the Khatumo Presidency” Indhosheel
- Somaliland: Adde Breaks 23 years of Allegiance as he Purportedly Joins Habsade in Garowe
- Somaliland: iROKOtv.com Announces New International Content Package for Internet TV Service in Africa
- Somaliland: Busiest Weekend for Italian Navy and Deadliest for Illegal’s Crossing the Mediterranean
- Somaliland: “Yes, My Son Has Joined ISIS”-Eng. Warabe
- Somaliland: The Next and Biggest East Africa's Commercial Hub
- Somaliland: Busiest Weekend for Italian Navy and Deadliest for Illegal’s Crossing the Mediterranean (20)
- Somaliland: The Corrupt Nomination of President and Parliament is a Farce that is Somalia (1)
- Somaliland: President Must Save the Country from its Public Servants (4)
- Somaliland: Did US Drone Strike on Al Shabaab in Baraawe Kill Godane ? (5)
- Somaliland: “I am Assuming the Khatumo Presidency” Indhosheel (9)
|Somaliland: Shaqodoon Spearheads Creation of Youth Employment Opportunities|
|Wednesday, 10 October 2012 18:23|
User Experience: Abdirahim, tells his story of how he recently found a Job through InfoMatch
Abdirahiim Osman is a 25 years recent graduate with accounting degree. Abdirahiim recently secured a job with Tayo advisement and printing company, one of the largest printing companies in Hargesa. Tayo Printing is a private business who signed up for Shaqodoon fair recruitment site (InfoMatch) to advertise and receive job applications online. Tayo is a equal an opportunity employer. InfoMatch is an SMS, Web and Voice based system that bridges the gap between employers and job seekers in all Somali regions.
"I registered on Shaqodoon InfoMatch system at www.myshaqodoon.net and immediately applied the accounting position that was being advertised, one week later I received a call from Tayo asking me to come in for an interview" says Abdirahiim. Thanks to Shaqodoon, I filled in a simple registration form that was surprisingly in Somali and subscribed to the SMS job alert service. I received an SMS on my mobile from 777 (Shaqodoon SMS number) soon as the job was posted. I attended the interview and was one of the 20 interviewees who were shortlisted for the job, thankfully I came on top. I am now working as an accountant for Tayo Printing and very happy with my new job. I would like to recommend to any jobseekers to take advantage of Shaqodoon's services as it is the quickest way to get employed.
Who We Are
Shaqodoon is a local nonprofit organization that designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the local most urgent challenges in livelihood skill training, education and health. Shaqodoon has offices and/or presences in Somaliland, Puntland, Galmudug and South Central Somalia.
Shaqodoon is the upshot of former EDC livelihood project, Somali Youth Livelihoods Program supported by EDC and funded by USAID that provided youth living in Somaliland, Puntland, and South Central Somalia with greater opportunities to access work, training, internship and self-employment opportunities. Shaqodoon is a Somali word for "jobseekers". The NGO will continue to prepare and link 'Shaqodoon' with the local business community, other potential employers and over and above encourage the youth to inculcate an entrepreneurial culture. In addition, Shaqodoon will continue working in education, Health and Conflict resolutions using various effective methodologies.
Shaqodoon utilizes innovative cell phone and web-based technologies to effect communication between those offering career opportunities and youth looking for work. In addition it will provide an "Interactive SMS Chat Forum" for youth to discuss variety of issues affecting them, platforms for NGO's to deliver SMS/Voice based information to youth and the wider community. This service will be accessible to a wide variety of community members including youth, from those with low literacy levels to secondary school and university graduates. Engagement of the majority of youth in gainful employment will add to peace, stability and development of the whole region in the Horn of Africa. The NGO is a brainchild of some former EDC staff who felt the need to continue offering these needed services for Somali youth.
for more information visit www.shaqodoon.org
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 310 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial