Saturday, 16 February 2013 16:39
Somaliland Development Fund Manager
- Long-term consulting assignment
- 29 January 2013
CARDNO is seeking an experienced and dynamic Fund Manager to administer the Fund.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall management of the Fund including responsibility for achieving results and meeting Fund objectives
- Undertake an economic analysis of project proposals to ensure that they are cost effective and value for money
- Undertake a Conflict Analysis of project proposals to ensure adherence to “do no harm” principles
- Map the geographical coverage of projects to identify gaps or overcrowding in particular districts
- Develop an operations manual covering all aspects of the Fund
- Receive and examine financial and narrative reports from implementing and facilitating organizations
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation of the Fund
- Supervise, coordinate and oversee the Grant Managers, Fund Accountant and other short term experts as required
- Ensure that reports are submitted on time and to a high standard
- Proven track record setting up and managing a similar fund (ideally a multi-donor fund) in a fragile state and overseeing grant operations
- At least 10 years of experience managing similar international donor funded programmes, particularly programmes in fragile states. Experience working on DFID programmes is a plus.
- Capacity to promote inclusion and ensure broad and meaningful participation; act in a transparent and accountable way; consider the timing, sequencing and location of interventions for their potential impact; understanding the risks involved and be responsive and flexible to changing requirements
- Ability to travel and work in Somaliland with a deep understanding of the societal context and the security situation
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- English language fluency
Sectors covered by the fund:
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to: