- Somaliland: UK Diplomats and Guurti Elders Brainstorm Postponed Elections
- Somaliland: Yemeni Refugees Pose a Threat to Somalia
- Somaliland: State Raises Public Awareness on SDF and SSA Funds
- Somaliland: Education Minister Calls Apt Standards
- Somaliland: “We have Services of Skilled Professionals for Programmes Development” says U’kuse
- Somaliland: “State to Uplift Health and Educational Standards in Sool Region” Dr Haglatosie
- Somaliland: “Citizens Already Benefiting from a Chunk of the $62m SDF Kitty “ says Planning Minister
- Somaliland: EU Heads of Mission and Member States Condemn the Execution of Six Prisoners Nairobi, 15/04/2015
- Somaliland: Governor Ramah of Awdal Castigates Borame Councillors for Lackluster Performance
- Somaliland: Legislators and Government Officials in Ethiopia for Leadership Training cum AU Talks
- Somaliland: Is a Turkey, Wadani and Villa SomaliaTripartite Alliance Real and Brewing Mischief? (27)
- Somaliland: “We have Services of Skilled Professionals for Programmes Development” says U’kuse (7)
- Somaliland: Legislators and Government Officials in Ethiopia for Leadership Training cum AU Talks (8)
- Somaliland: EU Heads of Mission and Member States Condemn the Execution of Six Prisoners Nairobi, 15/04/2015 (48)
- Somaliland: Somali and Afghan Migrants Die at a Macedonian Rail Track (1)
|Somaliland: Governor Cautions Togdheer Residents|
|Tuesday, 15 May 2012 22:44|
By: Yusuf M Hasan
BURAO (Somalilandsun) – The residents of Togdheer region have been cautioned against acts that might impinge on security.
This was said by regional governor Abdoo Ahmed who also briefed on the death of a civilian that occurred after he was shot by a police officer in Burao town, Said he, "This incidence is not abnormal as similar acts all over the world"
The governor informed that the security situation in the entire region is up to standards despite minor incidences that include petty crimes, muggings, assaults etc., he stressed that the security forces are in control thus nothing out of the hand.
He cautioned residents against acts that might be detrimental to their security while asking them to cooperate with security forces in order to eliminate petty crimes from the region
The governor who sent his condolences and those of the government to the family of the civilian killed on Thursday revealed that the police officer who perpetrated this heinous death in the centre of Burao town was based at the Farah Omar police station. He informed that the officer has escaped and that police are in relentless pursuit.
Governor Abdoo asked all residents of the region to come out in large numbers to commemorate the independence of the country on the 18th May.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 388 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial