- Somaliland: Guurti does it again as it Reconciles Wrangling Legislators
- Somaliland: Burkina Faso to Unearth for Identification Remains of Sankara
- Somaliland: Forum of Opposition Politicians Goes Digital
- Somaliland: Migrants Dying for a life in Europe
- Egypt’s Sisi Considering Pardoning Al Jazeera Trio
- Somaliland: Danish Born Somalis Growing Up as Children of “Unwanted Immigrants” in Copenhagen
- Somaliland: In Failed Appeal UK Court Orders the Union of the Comoros to Pay £110,000 to UAE based Union Marine
- Somaliland: “Port and Fuel Depot Facilities plus Logistics Satisfactory for Trade” Ethiopian Government Delegation
- Somaliland: Reconstruction and Development Sabotage in Sool region of Somaliland by Dr Ali Issa
- Somaliland: Commemorating Liberation of Mankind, Peace and Human Dignity Day in Memory of Hero Majura
- Somaliland: In Failed Appeal UK Court Orders the Union of the Comoros to Pay £110,000 to UAE based Union Marine (67)
- Somaliland: Guurti does it again as it Reconciles Wrangling Legislators (6)
- Somaliland: Devoid of Westpac Money Transfer Reprieve Relatives of Aussie- Somalis Brace for Hardtimes (3)
- Somaliland: Dr Omar to Serve EU/AU as Peace Diplomat for Africa (2)
- Somaliland: Youthful Lawyer Stakes Claim to Marodi-jeeh Representation in Parliament (1)
|Somaliland: Governor Cautions Togdheer Residents|
|Tuesday, 15 May 2012 22:44|
By: Yusuf M Hasan
BURAO (Somalilandsun) – The residents of Togdheer region have been cautioned against acts that might impinge on security.
This was said by regional governor Abdoo Ahmed who also briefed on the death of a civilian that occurred after he was shot by a police officer in Burao town, Said he, "This incidence is not abnormal as similar acts all over the world"
The governor informed that the security situation in the entire region is up to standards despite minor incidences that include petty crimes, muggings, assaults etc., he stressed that the security forces are in control thus nothing out of the hand.
He cautioned residents against acts that might be detrimental to their security while asking them to cooperate with security forces in order to eliminate petty crimes from the region
The governor who sent his condolences and those of the government to the family of the civilian killed on Thursday revealed that the police officer who perpetrated this heinous death in the centre of Burao town was based at the Farah Omar police station. He informed that the officer has escaped and that police are in relentless pursuit.
Governor Abdoo asked all residents of the region to come out in large numbers to commemorate the independence of the country on the 18th May.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 324 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial