- Somaliland: Ministers in Wajaale Visiting Hospital Site
- Somaliland: Farmers in Gabiley Region are prepared for the Rainy Season
- Somaliland: Ruqia Murder Locked in Solitary Confinement
- Foreign Affairs Minister said that Massacre Perpetrators should be brought to Justice
- Somaliland: President Strongly Advocates Freedom of Justice
- Somaliland: Guurti Chair Applauds Elders for Resolving Conflict among Memebrs of Parliament
- Somaliland: Salaam Financials Facilitates Local Servicing of International Credit Cards
- Somaliland: “Advance Plans To Relieve City Inhabitants From Frequent Water Shortages Are In Offing”- Presidency minister tells parliamentarians.
- Ethiopian Planned Second Dam Might Inflame Nile Water Controversy with Egypt
- Somaliland: Ethiopian and Somaliland Intelligence Depicts officers arrest ONLF Commando
- Somaliland: President’s Walk along City Streets Evaluates Prevalent best Security (20)
- Foreign Affairs Minister said that Massacre Perpetrators should be brought to Justice (4)
- Somaliland: Ruqia Murder Locked in Solitary Confinement (3)
- Somaliland: Refugees In Djiboutian Camps To Be Resettled Back Home (9)
- Somaliland: Saudis in Final Phase of Investment Arrangements (18)
|Somaliland: Governor Cautions Togdheer Residents|
|Tuesday, 15 May 2012 22:44|
By: Yusuf M Hasan
BURAO (Somalilandsun) – The residents of Togdheer region have been cautioned against acts that might impinge on security.
This was said by regional governor Abdoo Ahmed who also briefed on the death of a civilian that occurred after he was shot by a police officer in Burao town, Said he, "This incidence is not abnormal as similar acts all over the world"
The governor informed that the security situation in the entire region is up to standards despite minor incidences that include petty crimes, muggings, assaults etc., he stressed that the security forces are in control thus nothing out of the hand.
He cautioned residents against acts that might be detrimental to their security while asking them to cooperate with security forces in order to eliminate petty crimes from the region
The governor who sent his condolences and those of the government to the family of the civilian killed on Thursday revealed that the police officer who perpetrated this heinous death in the centre of Burao town was based at the Farah Omar police station. He informed that the officer has escaped and that police are in relentless pursuit.
Governor Abdoo asked all residents of the region to come out in large numbers to commemorate the independence of the country on the 18th May.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 183 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial