- Somaliland: Canadian judge tells Muslim woman he will not hear her case until she removes her headscarf
- Somaliland:Somaliland/Somalia Dialogue to resume in Ankara on Sunday
- Somaliland: Somaliland’s Elections 4 Months Left, No Preparation So Far And The Blame Game Initiated
- Somalia: Obama Nominates First U.S. Ambassador to Somalia Since 1991
- Somaliland:Mo Farah Breaks Two-Mile World Record at Birmingham Indoor Grand Prix
- Somaliland: Dozens of youngsters under detention as part of police operation to fight hooliganism
- Somaliland:Turkey's Slumping Popularity in Somaliland
- Somaliland: Sudan claimed seized weapons and Somaliland releases them
- Somaliland: Somaliland And Somalia Talks
- Somaliland: Somaliland concerned about Somalia’s Bona fide on the ongoing negotiation talks
- Somaliland: Canadian judge tells Muslim woman he will not hear her case until she removes her headscarf (7)
- Somaliland:Somaliland/Somalia Dialogue to resume in Ankara on Sunday (10)
- Somalia: Obama Nominates First U.S. Ambassador to Somalia Since 1991 (11)
- Somaliland: Somaliland’s Elections 4 Months Left, No Preparation So Far And The Blame Game Initiated (20)
- Somalia: Mogadishu hotel suicide bombers were Dutch (50)
|Somaliland: Governor Cautions Togdheer Residents|
|Tuesday, 15 May 2012 22:44|
By: Yusuf M Hasan
BURAO (Somalilandsun) – The residents of Togdheer region have been cautioned against acts that might impinge on security.
This was said by regional governor Abdoo Ahmed who also briefed on the death of a civilian that occurred after he was shot by a police officer in Burao town, Said he, "This incidence is not abnormal as similar acts all over the world"
The governor informed that the security situation in the entire region is up to standards despite minor incidences that include petty crimes, muggings, assaults etc., he stressed that the security forces are in control thus nothing out of the hand.
He cautioned residents against acts that might be detrimental to their security while asking them to cooperate with security forces in order to eliminate petty crimes from the region
The governor who sent his condolences and those of the government to the family of the civilian killed on Thursday revealed that the police officer who perpetrated this heinous death in the centre of Burao town was based at the Farah Omar police station. He informed that the officer has escaped and that police are in relentless pursuit.
Governor Abdoo asked all residents of the region to come out in large numbers to commemorate the independence of the country on the 18th May.
Bridging Investment Gap in Somaliland
You are not aloneWe have 273 guests online
For details visit Salaamfinancial