- Somaliland Hopes for Independence
- Somaliland: UN Acknowledges Suspension of Flights, New Phone Code?
- Somalia: Ethiopia Playing at Being Good Neighbours
- Somali Teenager Gets Eight Years for Stabbing a British Soldier to Death
- Somaliland : 22 Years of Peace, Stability, Democracy & Progress By: Ahmed Kheyre More than two d
- Kenya: Uhuru Kenyatta appoints Female Somalilander as Secretary of Foreign Affairs
- Somaliland: Norwegian Oil and Gas Company Signs Production Sharing Contract
- Somaliland: Government takes Control of Airspace as it Bans UN Flights
- Somaliland: Somaliland’s Achievements in a Fragile Region
- Somaliland: Country Urged to Capitalize on the Flexibility of the UK and Danish Governments
|Somaliland: Stanfield, the Epic 400Kms Trekker Fundraiser for Edna Hospital|
|Monday, 18 February 2013 15:36|
How far would you go for Edna hospital: talk with Christopher Stanfield and fundraising event to support Edna Hospital?
Somalilandsun - West London Somaliland Community and others would like to invite you to a talk with Christopher Stanfield and fundraising event to support Edna Hospital, Hargeysa, Somaliland on Friday, 1st of March, 6pm at Oxford House, Derbyshire Street, London, E2 6HG
September 8th 2012, Christopher Stanfield began his challenge to walk from Egypt to Somaliland. The adventure was something Christopher had dreamed up 1 year previous; he wanted to raise both money and awareness for Edna Adan's maternity hospital in Somaliland. He also wanted to be able to help Somaliland take a step towards gaining recognition as a breakaway country, and to no longer be affiliated with Somalia.
"Edna Adan's hospital is an inspiring white light in Somaliland, and it is time we all stood up and recognized both the hospital, and this ever growing, and stabilizing country" Christopher
The journey took 4 months to complete almost 4000km, passing through Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia, Djibouti and finally Somaliland. After four grueling months and over 2000 miles of trekking, on January 4th 2013, he reached his destination a changed man. The physical journey might now be over, but the journey of change and prosperity is just beginning.
Friday, 1 March, 6pm
Oxford House, Derbyshire Street
London, E2 6HG
Your contribution: £20
Read the full brief on the Epic 4000 KMs journey @ http://somalilandsun.com/index.php/community/2063-somaliland-an-epic-4000-kms-journey-on-foot-for-edna-hospital
You are not aloneWe have 178 guests online